Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 Pontiac Grand Am Question

snoot
05-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Somebody put a penny in my cigarette car lighter and now it doesnt work, i dont know if it is a fuse or if its soemthing else. If anyone knows whats wrong anything would help

snoot
05-20-2004, 05:33 PM
also, is it hard to replace a burnt out cigarette lighter?

GTP Dad
05-21-2004, 05:46 AM
I would imagine that the fuse is just blown. Although it is not hard to replace a cigarette lighter all you need to do is get access to the back of the lighter itself and there is usually a clip or nut that holds it in place. Simply remove the nut or clip and the lighter will slip right out. There should be a connector on the wire that will allow you to remove and reconnect the new one. If not just cut and splice it back together. It will probably take longer to get to the back of the lighter than it will to change it.

Bucksgrandam
06-10-2004, 10:14 AM
there is a plug that plugs into cigarette lighter unhook it you may need to take of whole face pulling off this is easy just PULL lol
but I am 100% sure all you need to do is change fuse!! but pull out penny first!!

Markgase2000
06-11-2004, 07:14 PM
change the fuse , if it pops you got a bent lead inside thats shorting it on a negative , its just a lil metal piece louved in there.

Add your comment to this topic!