Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 GA GT - Leaks, leaks, leaks

VICGT
05-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi,

Hope someone can help. Just bought the GA GT at 196,000 ( price was tooo good to say no ).

Problem 1: CD is giving me error E20 ( which means cannot focus on cd ). Think it may need to be replaced ? If so how much does a dealer charge ?

Problem 2. Water on the drivers side everytime it rains. I've read some reviews where people state somewhere around 1.4 inches of water...for me it's just the carpet being wet, which results in a nice damp smell in the car ALL THE TIME.

Problem 3. Engine cooant started leaking after a week or so...dripping...so i took it to my mechanic. He couldn't fine a leak. Then the other day, sploosh...huge stain under the car and it's still leaking ( has now become a drip ). Unfortunately the coolant container is so thick i can't tell how high the coolant is. The mechanic told me to fill the coolant reservoir with water...run it, top it off with water...and driver it over so he can flush the coolant system and do a pressure check...

Anyone's input would be handy. I'm used to driving older cars that are built like tanks...this is my first with sports car.

Thanks

U can email me a gent416@hotmail.com

Vic

Add your comment to this topic!