Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

f-150/ 351-M

Jason Charette
05-19-2004, 12:57 PM
I just bought and installed a new 351M I also bought a new fuel pump when I installed the pump I ran the motor for the first time for about an hour to burn in the cam. I went back to the truck the next day and smelt gas I checked the truck out and realized it was coming from the engine. I checked the oil level and realized it was way over full but with gas not oil it seams that the fuel pump filled the crankcase with gas. Does any body know if this would hurt the engine long turm or short and does any body have any recomondations???

landyacht
05-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Shouldn't hurt the thing at all really...you just need to get all that crap out of there. I'd recommend going to your local dealership and having them do an oil change and see if they can't fix the source of the fuel-in-oil system.

I'd call the dealer ahead of time and ask them if they have any thoughts as to what happened and whether or not you should drive it over. i personally don't think you should drive it, you should have it towed, but check with them anyways.

Hope this helps!

Jason Charette
05-19-2004, 02:49 PM
thanks, I pulled the top of the engine down and started priming oil by hand back in to the motor so far in two days Ive done 2 oil changes with out starting the truck just hand primming and hand turning the motor. I now have 10 quarts of oil in the motor in hopes to get any residual fuel of the parts...

Shouldn't hurt the thing at all really...you just need to get all that crap out of there. I'd recommend going to your local dealership and having them do an oil change and see if they can't fix the source of the fuel-in-oil system.

I'd call the dealer ahead of time and ask them if they have any thoughts as to what happened and whether or not you should drive it over. i personally don't think you should drive it, you should have it towed, but check with them anyways.

Hope this helps!

landyacht
05-19-2004, 06:12 PM
No problem. Just don't drive it with too much oil, that'll be worse for your engine then the gas-in-oil issue!

Jason Charette
05-19-2004, 09:19 PM
well that takes all the fun out of it. lol thanks

97chevyman
05-19-2004, 10:18 PM
sounds like you need to replace the fuel pump, you probably got a bad pump, replace and hopefully you will have better luck.

Jason Charette
05-24-2004, 08:59 AM
thanks

Add your comment to this topic!