How to change brakes on Kia Sephia 2000

ni66anorm
05-19-2004, 03:44 AM
I look at the brakes and it looked quite different from the regular japanese brakes and couldn't figure out the way. Most japanese cars i would just take off one bolt and loosen the top, it will just swing up, but this one has like a rubber part behind the caliper and two bolts on more deep insides, so if anyone knows, can someone help me?

mwizzle
03-17-2005, 11:16 PM
take the caps off of the two screws (they are allen screws). I think they are size 6 or 7 allen wrench. take the screws out of the caliper then take the clip off of the front of the caliper and just pull the caliper off. when you put the new brakes on you first have to get a C-clamp and something flat to push the applicator back into the caliper(the circle thing sticking out inside the caliper. Then put your new brakes on and put everything back together. It's not hard. You'll see the little screw at the end of the brake line under the spring if you want to bleed them too.

derrty_ent_derrty
03-24-2005, 11:21 PM
you first have to get a C-clamp and something flat to push the applicator back into the caliper(the circle thing sticking out inside the caliper.

its a piston genious

netuser1
05-30-2005, 09:55 AM
take the caps off of the two screws (they are allen screws). I think they are size 6 or 7 allen wrench. take the screws out of the caliper then take the clip off of the front of the caliper and just pull the caliper off. when you put the new brakes on you first have to get a C-clamp and something flat to push the applicator back into the caliper(the circle thing sticking out inside the caliper. Then put your new brakes on and put everything back together. It's not hard. You'll see the little screw at the end of the brake line under the spring if you want to bleed them too.
Do you have the instructions on how to replace the Rear Brake Shoes on a 2000 Kia Sephia?

Jason123c
09-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Check out my site (link removed by moderator: spam])for info on changing brakes. The rear brake section will be up the first week of Oct. 05

Barbw521
06-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Do you have the instructions on how to replace the Rear Brake Shoes on a 2000 Kia Sephia?

I have been searching this site for over an hour. I can't seem to find out how to replace the rear brakes either. Did anyone ever get back to you on it?

'97ventureowner
06-25-2007, 10:42 PM
This thread is over 3 years old. Please refrain from posting in old, outdated threads. Start a new thread and link to the old one to get more info and responses.
http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/4093/threadclosedga9.gif
(http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/4093/threadclosedga9.gif)

Add your comment to this topic!