no fire 93 cavalier 2.2

scutter
05-18-2004, 04:49 PM
car was driven to workplace no problems shift ended and the car would turn over fine but there was no fire to the plugs (pulled a plug wire and checked ) im not real familier with the 2.2 1993 cavalier so im sure seeking possible solutions as to what would cause this thankyou

droppedz
05-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Coild pack(s) ??? That would be my first guess.

scutter
05-19-2004, 08:23 PM
car was driven to workplace no problems shift ended and the car would turn over fine but there was no fire to the plugs (pulled a plug wire and checked ) im not real familier with the 2.2 1993 cavalier so im sure seeking possible solutions as to what would cause this thankyouthanks ill give it a try any suggestions if that doesn't work ?

mjgjr72
05-19-2004, 08:57 PM
ignition module if no spark at both coils

scutter
05-22-2004, 04:01 PM
on my 93 cavalier was getting no spark at no 1 plug only 1 i checked,i pulled off coil packs with control module aoto zone did an ohm test on the packs and they tested ok he told me the control module couldnt be tested,can a dealership test this autozone wanted 126.00 dollars for the ignition module if i wind up putting the module back on do i pull all 4 plug wires and test spark again please reply thanks a bunch advise needed

mjgjr72
05-22-2004, 05:39 PM
if you are getting spark to the other three cylinder and no spark at no 1 you plobably have a bad wire. each coil fires spark to 2 cylinders at a time so if the other cylider is getting spark the coil is firing, try swaping the wire over on the coil posts to one you are getting spark from and try again if you still get no spark from that wire replace them, or ohm test the wire, look for worn through areas or cracks , also white powdery areas that could indicate the spark jumping through the wire.

scutter
05-23-2004, 01:01 AM
found problem the electronic control module shewwwwwwww relief ,dont let autozone tell you it cant be tested it can,find an auto parts store that will !! they have the leads and all,autozone give false test on the crank sensor bought a new one installed everthing again no spark took it all back off went to another auto parts store oriely and they confirmed good crank sensor and bad ecm bought one and am a happy camper fired right up

Add your comment to this topic!