2001 Chevy Malibu Theft System

mrbayou66
05-18-2004, 01:11 AM
I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu and my theft system(factory) light is on (blinking) on the dash and will not allow my car to start, do anyone know how I can fix this problem. I will appreciate any feed back.

Thankx

canela
06-04-2004, 08:27 PM
I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu and my theft system(factory) light is on (blinking) on the dash and will not allow my car to start, do anyone know how I can fix this problem. I will appreciate any feed back.

Thankx

I have the same problem with my car it's also a 2001 malibu. This is what I do to make it start. Since the car is already off go ahead and put the key in the ignition and turn the key to ACC, once you do this the theft system light should be blinking leave it alone till it stops blinking it should take approximately 10 - 15 minutes maybe less. But do not mess with it till the light stops blinking. It takes patience. Once it stops blinking turn the key to OFF and then turn on the car. The car should start. Ive been doing this technique for about a year. Good Luck.

mrbayou66
06-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info I will try your suggestion if it happens again because i just paid 4 hundred dollarsto supposingly correct the problem

ensley696
06-09-2004, 08:23 AM

Thankx
I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu and had the same exact problem. Brought it to the dealer, they spent like 2 weeks and replaced one part of the ignition. Had the car back for a week and the same problem happend again. When I brought it back, they said it was the ignition Lock cylinder and will cost about $300. If you do not want to get it fixed, you will have to simply do as canela explains.

misskitty78382
03-25-2005, 02:09 PM

Thankx
I TOO HAVE A 2001 CHEV MALIBU,AFTER THE SHOP DECIDED TO PUT A NEW PROSSCER IN IT , NEW SPARRK PLUGS IN IT THEN TOW IT TO ANOUTHER GARGAE WITH OUT ME KNOWING IT , THEY NOW DECIDED ITS MY ANTI THEIF DEVISE, I HOPE U GET A NANSWE AND SEND ME ONE THEY HAD MY CAR OVER A WEEK NOW , STILL DONT KNOW , THATS TWO MECHANICS NOW LOL, SO GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES

SniperX13
03-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Are you aware that there is a specific forum in the chevy section dedicated to just the Malibu? it would be wise to post in the right forum, and not bring severly old threads, epecially ones in the wrong section.

misskitty78382
03-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Are you aware that there is a specific forum in the chevy section dedicated to just the Malibu? it would be wise to post in the right forum, and not bring severly old threads, epecially ones in the wrong section.
bite me rightous one

imdar
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Not always passlock. Went to start my car lights came on theft light came on. Did the 10 min wait several times, nothing. Towed to dealer because only they can reset.. Turns out to be starter. Estimate at this time is around 350.00. I had them check out the passlock, and they said that wasn't it.

'97ventureowner
03-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Old thread. Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!