Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

brahma and brutus

bumpinstang77
05-17-2004, 08:07 PM
I've been thinking about getting 2 brahma 12's and 2 hifonics brutus 1500's....i found he brutus on ebay for around 250 and the brahmas on adires site for w/e it is there like 379 or sumthin.....is there anywhere else to get the brahmas cheaper and when i do eventually get this system will it run fine off of 2 yellow tops?

sr20de4evr
05-17-2004, 10:02 PM
No where else to get them cheaper, unless you get them used

And I don't know what you mean "will it run fine off of 2 yellow tops". The system doesn't run off of the battery, it runs off of the alternator. To support that kind of power you're going to need a 250+ amp alternator. I would go with a single brutus and a single brahma 15 instead. It will take up about the same amount of room, your car's electrical system won't die from it, and it will be very comparable in output (won't be quite as loud, but it will be close).

bumpinstang77
05-18-2004, 03:34 PM
The only way I can do a 15 is firing up...I don't wanna do that...What about a 200 amp alt. and 2 yellow tops...I dunno if they even make 250 for my car I could only find 200.

aznxthuggie
05-18-2004, 08:27 PM
i think thats a little too much, it'll have a huge drain on your cars electrical system, i was thinking of one 12/15' XXX and a brutus, i guess you'll need atleast a 200amp alternator, maybe one red top for the starter battery, and one yellow top located somewhere else, for 2 batteries i think you need an isolator, because i think the yellow top was meant more for fast discharge, and you really wouldn't need two yellow tops if ur planning on having two batteries

just put the red top as your main battery, put the yellow top thru an isolator so your system won't drain your red top battery, and wire everything in the trunk, works good? yes? no?

bumpinstang77
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
never mind just changed my mind im getting 2 re se 12's as soon as they respond and give me a price.... ill get some brahmas or xxx's later

aznxthuggie
05-18-2004, 09:15 PM
lol do u really have that much money to spend? if so buy me some friggin subs also eh :iceslolan

GCguy2169
05-19-2004, 11:24 AM
I was going to say, yea that would really fry your electrical system after awhile with 2 brahmas n such. Depriving your Electrical system is very bad. I causes your battery to sulfate on the internal plates, and causes less cranking capacity, and after awhile battery can diminsh in power greatly, 2 yellow tops are VERY hefty in cranking amps, but after maybe months, or even a year and a half, your plates with sulfate and be intolerable of the output.

sr20de4evr
05-19-2004, 06:18 PM
I was going to say, yea that would really fry your electrical system after awhile with 2 brahmas n such. Depriving your Electrical system is very bad. I causes your battery to sulfate on the internal plates, and causes less cranking capacity, and after awhile battery can diminsh in power greatly, 2 yellow tops are VERY hefty in cranking amps, but after maybe months, or even a year and a half, your plates with sulfate and be intolerable of the output.

yellowtops are deep cycle, they can be drained completely and recharged with no capacity degredation

Add your comment to this topic!