Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

exhaust for SE 2.0?

ZZZmobile
05-17-2004, 12:39 AM
I need a link to a place where I can get an exhaust for my 01' SE 2.0 Sentra. I have no idea what engine exactly it has, but I'm sure people less ignorant than I am should know.
Thanks

fugiot
05-17-2004, 01:00 AM
Well, first of all, congrats on the Sentra SE! I think that you might want to know that you are an owner of the legendary Nissan SR20 engine. You might have the tamest version, but it's still an SR20. I'm an SR20-freak so any questions you have about your car, let me know and I'd be happy to help. As for exhaust, I have one suggestion...HKS! Head over to www.horsepowerfreaks.com and take a look at the HKS sport exhaust. It's the best price I could find, the piping diameter is perfect, and it's gonna sound awesome.

sr20de4evr
05-17-2004, 01:09 AM
sr20de
Strong motor with amazing potential, though not very powerful in stock form. Little brother of the sr20det used in the Nissan Silvia, Bluebird, Pulsar GTI-R, etc.

There aren't many exhausts, the only ones I know about are the HKS, VRS, and Stromung. VRS is custom, and I'm a little skeptical of its reliability and sound. Stromung looks the best, but is by far the most expensive. HKS is a nice compromise, it's what I have on my SE. I bought it from Ivan (#1Stunna on b15sentra.com), he owned a business that sold them but I don't remember the site off hand.
www.wholesalehyperformance.com has them for a good price though

NissanSE01
06-12-2004, 04:19 AM
i was interested in the NISMO exhaust system available for the sentra se-r 01. of course, it's a QR25DE so the downpipes won't fit the SE's 2.0 liter engine. i was wondering if the tip would still match... i really want an exhaust for the SE. That engine rocks.

fugiot
06-12-2004, 03:41 PM
If you can find a place to buy just the tip, then you can just have it welded on to some custom piping done by your local exhaust shop. You can put any tip on almost any piping.

sr20de4evr
06-12-2004, 07:40 PM
i was interested in the NISMO exhaust system available for the sentra se-r 01. of course, it's a QR25DE so the downpipes won't fit the SE's 2.0 liter engine. i was wondering if the tip would still match... i really want an exhaust for the SE. That engine rocks.

don't do it, you would have to hack apart the exhaust just to get it to bolt up, and I don't even think it mounts to the hangers the same as on the qr. Just get one of the many exhaust designed for the SE

NissanSE01
06-15-2004, 01:48 AM
thanks... my friend told me it's possible if i weld it, but i had a bad feeling about sawing off the stock exhaust...that's something i could never do. So i'm reading that HKS is a good exhaust system for the SE? sounds good...

although i'm looking for coilovers at the moment... a nice drop with 17" would be nice... haha

sr20de4evr
06-15-2004, 06:55 AM
yeah I have the hks and it's nice

Bit raspy with a header, but not all that bad. You have a couple coilover choices, namely JIC and Tein, with 2 models of each (for now, JIC is discontinuing the lower model :()

Add your comment to this topic!