Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Citroen . . . ?

i_rebel
05-10-2001, 01:09 PM
I'm sorry . . . what the hell is a Citroen? Is it French?

Everytime that name is in my head, I think of two things . . . either oranges (citrus, citroen . . . ya know?) . . . or I think of an Opel?

What the hell is a Citroen?

Euro19
12-19-2001, 12:37 AM
It belongs to the largest french automaker PSA (Peugeot-Citroen). The Citroen Xsara is the #1 car in sales in Spain an Citroen it self is very important in Europe and a also in South America. :D

Jimster
12-19-2001, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Euro19
It belongs to the largest french automaker PSA (Peugeot-Citroen). The Citroen Xsara is the #1 car in sales in Spain an Citroen it self is very important in Europe and a also in South America. :D

Oh? I thought the Renault Megane had the honour of Spains best selling car, Citroens don't sell too well here, compared to it's sister brand

Euro19
12-19-2001, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy_11_cars

Oh? I thought the Renault Megane had the honour of Spains best selling car, Citroens don't sell too well here, compared to it's sister brand

Iīll give you the top 10 list for Spain sales to June 2001 (I know itīs a bit putdated, maybe in this days the Megane is first I donīt know;
1)Citroen Xsara
2)Renault Mégane
3)Seat Ibiza
4)Peugeot 206
5)Opel Astra
6)Ford Focus
7)Renault Clio
8)Peugeot 306
9)VW Golf
10)Opel Corsa (i.e.Chevrolet)

I believe that with the introduction of such new cars like the Peugeto 307 the ranking has been modified, I donīt have a new one :confused:

Jimster
12-19-2001, 11:50 PM
WOW That top 10 list looks so different to NZ's
I do not have the exact figures but top sellers are

Holden Commodore, Ford Falcon, Toyota Camy & Corolla, Ford Mondeo, Holden Vectra, Astra & Barina(Corsa), Nissan Pulsar(Almera) Primera & Maxima, Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer & Diamante and finally VW Golf & New Beetle.

I guess it's just the true Kiwi loyalty to the Jap car, nonetheless those cars are better than what we have on our list

Euro19
12-20-2001, 12:30 AM
Quite interesting.
It seems thereīs a lot of capability $$$ in NZ.
Chevrolet in USA, Opel in Europe, Chevrolet AND Opel in South America and Holden in Australia and NZ. Didnīt know the last one.

Jimster
12-20-2001, 01:21 AM
What does capability $$$ mean again, I learnt about it at Uni, but have forgotten what the term means

Hudson
12-20-2001, 09:32 AM
Euro:

Why did you say "Opel Corsa (i.e. Chevrolet)"? The Corsa is sold in Spain as an Opel, right? What does Chevrolet have to do with it?

Euro19
12-20-2001, 07:54 PM
Yes, The Opel Corsa is sold as the Chevrolet Corsa in markets where Opel doesnīt exists, like in Mexico for instance.

Ssom
05-24-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy_11_cars
WOW That top 10 list looks so different to NZ's
I do not have the exact figures but top sellers are

Holden Commodore, Ford Falcon, Toyota Camy & Corolla, Ford Mondeo, Holden Vectra, Astra & Barina(Corsa), Nissan Pulsar(Almera) Primera & Maxima, Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer & Diamante and finally VW Golf & New Beetle.

I guess it's just the true Kiwi loyalty to the Jap car, nonetheless those cars are better than what we have on our list

The list should look more like this

1. Holden Commodore 6284 sales
2. Ford Falcon 4228 sales
3. Toyota Corolla 3496 sales
4. Ford Mondeo 2594 sales
5. Toyota Camry 2415 sales
6. Nissan Maxima/QX 1891 sales
7. Honda Civic 1641 sales
8. Holden Vectra 1587 sales
9. Nissan Pulsar/Almera 1333 sales
10.Mazda 626 1314 sales

Stefanel1
07-08-2002, 02:45 PM
If you don't know what Citroën is : www.citroen.com
It's a french make, indeed. About 8% in Europe.

tanirdriver
10-10-2003, 04:59 AM
"It's a french make, indeed. About 8% in Europe."

Citroëns are commonly encountered in a few Western European states, particularly in France, Spain, Belgium and the United Kingdom. American tourists travelling to Paris, London or Madrid are very likely to see quite a few Xantias or C5s.

Regards,

Tanir

Stefanel1
10-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Note that the futures Citroëns and the new ones are more sexy than in the 90's (Xantia, C5, Xsara, Saxo, Evasion, etc. are very classical).
The current C2, C3, Pluriel and C8 are much nicer.
The future C4 and C6 should be very nice looking at the concept cars (Lignage and C-Airlounge).

tanirdriver
10-15-2003, 07:46 AM
"Note that the futures Citroëns and the new ones are more sexy than in the 90's (Xantia, C5, Xsara, Saxo, Evasion, etc. are very classical)."

Well a car can be classic and at the same time quite sexy, can't it? I personally find the 1998-2001 Xantia sexy... :smile:

In fact to me the sexiest cars are long 4-door saloons such as the current Ford Mondeo.

"The current C2, C3, Pluriel and C8 are much nicer."

For the C8 I completely agree. You can't really say that the Evasion (called Synergie in the UK) was a gorgeous-looking minivan, even though it had a certain elegance.

The C2 and C3 I find ridiculously small and will not consider for a minute.

"The future C4 and C6 should be very nice looking at the concept cars (Lignage and C-Airlounge)."

Well I personally hate top-of-the-range liftbacks (having trouble liking even midlevel ones) so I find the future C6 infamous.

As we say in French "all tastes are in nature"... :smile:

Regards,

Tanir

Stefanel1
10-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Mhhh... tous les goûts en effet :D ;)

I like the sedans too, but I wound'nt say that the Mondeo is sexy, neither a Xantia, even if the Xantia is an excellent car. I do prefer a 406, a Lag, an E46, a 156 or an X Type in this category ;)

Add your comment to this topic!