Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 accord shift knob

heyitismikeg
05-16-2004, 10:30 PM
i searched on how to get the shift knob off, but there were no threads about a 98. i found how to get the shift knob off ofa 97 is it the same for a 98. If not let me know how i do it i tryed twisting it no luck. also tryed to pry it up and twist still no luck help me!!

blacknight
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
i searched on how to get the shift knob off, but there were no threads about a 98. i found how to get the shift knob off ofa 97 is it the same for a 98. If not let me know how i do it i tryed twisting it no luck. also tryed to pry it up and twist still no luck help me!!

Is this a stick or auto?

For a stick
If it's a stick (which is what I have) right below the shift knob is where the boot separates from teh knob. Right there is where you will pull down teh shift boot. (there's a square piece that will be connected inside the boot, right at the top of it before teh actual knob) Just pull that part straight down. After the boot is separated then you can twist the actual know to the left to get it off the shifter.

For an auto
There should be a little screw on the neck of the shifter. Remove the screw then twist the shifter off

Add your comment to this topic!