Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Yukon not starting

ccowart
05-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Im having problems with my Yukon not starting every once in a while. It doesnt happen all the time. Also it does not matter if its cold or hot. i can try cranking it and it just spins over, but not firing. I have checked the fire to the plugs thats good. Pressure checked the fuel line with someone cranking it and i get zero pressure. so i changed the fuel pump, ran fine for 3 days then it started again. relay is replaced, wiring at the pump is good. After a while of playing with it and trying to get it to crank it will finally crank. does anyone have any other ideas to why it is still doing it and whats causing it?? could i just be that unlucky and get a bad pump from the dealer??

Any ideas would be helpful.

Clayton

socal01denali
05-16-2004, 11:32 PM
you could have had a series of crud in the lines...did you check your filter for flow??

ccowart
05-17-2004, 12:08 AM
well if that was the problem wouldnt my fuel pump come on any way? im not getting any noise from the tank when its wont start.

Eggert
05-17-2004, 11:16 PM
HI,
you may want the dealer put the tech II diagnostic tool on it.
I know, it is costly, but may be worth it.
Take care, Eggert :bananasmi

ccowart
05-23-2004, 08:10 PM
I think i solved the problem. I took my pump out of the tank again and i noticed a pin on the connector was discolored, like it had been arcing i checked out the connector and it was corroded(sp?). Its been 4 days since i did that and so far no problems. Anyone has this problem i would reccommend checking the connector closely.

socal01denali
05-23-2004, 11:37 PM
nice job ccowart...hopefully it stays running, theres nothing more frustrating

blakey2000
06-26-2004, 12:44 PM
my 99 denali wont start either....! I can spray it in the throttle body and it starts, wheres the fuel pump? and what other things can cause this?

Add your comment to this topic!