Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gear Grinds at 3rd gear?

Aznspecstype
05-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi got a question for people, got a 93 integra and when i shift to 3rd gear at 4000rpm hear grinding noise?? just wondering if something to do with my gear not being aligned properly?? all gears don't make sound but only 3rd gear though. please give me ur thoughts oh another thing, how do u know what type of engine u got?? like example b16, b18 engine? cause i dont' know what my engine is as cover was painted over. thnks

kicker1_solo
05-16-2004, 10:50 PM
mine does that too, your 3rd is going out...

Aznspecstype
05-17-2004, 12:57 AM
really 3rd going out?? how much is it to repair it?? worried that its going to cost me

kicker1_solo
05-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah, mine grinds when I try to put it in at high RPMs, even with the clutch fully engaged. It's fine if I let the RPMs drop really low though. I'm not sure how much it will cost to fix, it's been doing it for months, I'm not too worried about it though, I'll keep driving it. :)

ghost94
05-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Yeah, mine grinds when I try to put it in at high RPMs, even with the clutch fully engaged. It's fine if I let the RPMs drop really low though. I'm not sure how much it will cost to fix, it's been doing it for months, I'm not too worried about it though, I'll keep driving it. :)
Yeah dealer cost on the third gear set is a little bit <$270,I ve already bought it. As far as cost to get it installed better ask ,because I havent had it done yet :grinno:

Aznspecstype
05-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks people for suggestion, i'm acutally gonna go to get gears checked and get 3rd gear replaced. once again thanks for the help.

indmny453
05-19-2004, 04:01 PM
it's not always the gear that is going out. it could be that the sincro is going out in that perticullar gear. my friend has a accord that we switched the auto tranny to a 5 speed it ran really good for a while then 2nd 4th and 5th started to grind in racing conditions. we had it checked out and all it was is the sincro's

zulux3
05-25-2004, 05:22 PM
interesting, i have a 88 corolla 5spd and it does that on 3rd gear too. also on reverse. normal rpms are okay but under race conditions its always 3rd gear, pisses me off lol. the reverse is just screwed up lol. it grinds A LITTLE everytime.

Add your comment to this topic!