Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Power Antenna!!!

cadman1989
05-16-2004, 01:07 PM
I have a 93 Chrysler Imperial and am trying to figure out how to remove and re-install the power antenna! It went up and down fine until about 2 wks ago now i hear the motor run when it i turn car/radio on, and it runs when i turn off car/radio.

ANY IDEAS?

THanks

mike5721947
05-19-2004, 11:36 PM
so it doesnt go up or down any more?
if so the motor may be striped

cadman1989
05-21-2004, 07:45 PM
i hear the motor run what seems to be the normal amount of time it takes to raise and lower the antenna, and i can pull the antenna manually up, but eventually it falls down again.

NMALLERY
09-30-2005, 12:27 AM
RE: Power Antenna Repair......I know exactly what you are talking about. I have had the same problems with my Dodge Dynasty and my New Yorker. To repair this problem you simply need to go to the Chrysler dealership and purchase an antenna mast. The mast costs about $25.00. What you'll need to do is turn the steering wheel all the way to the right. Once you have done that, remove the three bolts holding the plastic housing under the fender. Then unscrew the base of the antenna which is located at the top of the fender (this is the little round piece that sits on top of the grey colored garnish on the fender. Pull the plastic housing back and look inside of the fender and loosen the bolt that is holding the antenna motor in place. Once removed pull the old antenna mast out of the motor. You may have to remove the housing (the rounded part of the motor) to remove any pieces of the plastic cable that may have broken in the motor! If you do not take the plastic out, the new antenna will not rectract fully. Make sure to put everything back together correctly. Once you have all the plastic cable out, feed the new cable into the motor. Have someone turn the radio "off" to make the antenna motor run. You may have to push the cable down in the hole of the antenna until it starts to pull it down. Now that it is down, leave it off until you put the motor back into the fender and you have the garnish screwed back down to it . Now operate it and make sure it goes all the way up and down.

Add your comment to this topic!