Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP!! lost POWER to EVERYTHING!!!!

stevenlee75
05-16-2004, 12:44 PM
While driving the 94 GA, It started loosing power, gauges flipped out, (went from 25 mph to 75 mph),radar detector flipped out then I lost everything. I have no power to anything!! no smoke or wire burn smell. Everyone that I have talked to said to look under the hood for a fuse box....I have looked and looked, took out everything that I could to see if it was under anything..NOTHING!! looked for burnt or grounded wires...nothing....Please ..if anyone can help me I would appreciate it..IM LOST HERE...Thank You

fluffybunny
05-16-2004, 12:54 PM
follow your power wires from the battery to the alternator and to the starter, ive seen these come loose before. id say track everything from the battery in. if you have no power at all.... id say start there at the battery (your source of power) and work your way around. a wire doesnt have to be burned through or melted to be bad....... then again you battery could be shorted itself...... have it checked out....good luck .piece

stevenlee75
05-16-2004, 01:00 PM
I traced the wires from the battery to the starter and everything seems to be in order...... Im taking the battery to be tested next. do you know anything about this fuse box that everyone keeps telling me to look for?? they told me to look for a burnt ignition fuse (100 up to a 125) large colored plastic fuse... I cant find them anywhere...thank you for your help...Steve

fluffybunny
05-16-2004, 04:58 PM
hmm well ive got a 96 and i think they are pretty close to the same, mine is on the front driverside of the engine bay kinda below the air cleaner hose, its got a rectangular cover on it but it says FUSE in big letters so its hard to miss........ i believe your engine bay is a little tighter on space than mine..... you might check in the general area though.... sorry i cant help more than that.......keep posting

Markgase2000
05-16-2004, 09:13 PM
The main power wire that leads from the battery to the fuse box under the hood , the wire should be bolted on tight or else you will lose all the power to the car untill its tightened up. try it , wont hurt to check.

stevenlee75
05-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks for all your help...it ended up being a fried altenator, I guess it spiked the battery too... I put a new battery in it and then touched the positive cable to the battery and it arched big time, so I unplugged the alt. and it quit. (bad alt.) changed the alt., got a new battery and everything is back to normal...Thanks again for all your help...Steve

Add your comment to this topic!