Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Steering Wheel Mod Plz Help Me!!!!????

joskos
05-16-2004, 01:55 AM
HEY I know that this is a really unorthadox question(heh heh heh i used a big word) but i have a '96 ford aspire and im tired of drivin like a freakin granny. does anybody know how i can lower my steering wheel or modify it so that its lower or anything like that at all. plz help me

danomite
07-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Yes. Remove the steering column cover, then remove the 2 bolts holding the column to the bottom of the instruments. Take the bolts to a bolt and nut supply place and get replacement that are 1/2 inch longer. Also buy about 1 inch of washers/spacers while you're there.

The rest is obvious, but: bolt up the column back in place, using the longer bolts, and as many spacers as you need to lower the steering wheel to the position you prefer. Replace column cover trim. Done.

joskos
10-23-2004, 03:14 PM
hey can u or neone tell me how to get the column cover off without taken the steern wheel off?

X84
04-16-2005, 01:15 AM
don't know is the 96 is the same, but on my 95 all you Have to do is remove the three screws from in the underside of the steering column cover and pry the bottom half from the top half.

Add your comment to this topic!