Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bugatti not a driver's car . . .

i_rebel
05-10-2001, 12:23 PM
Personal opinion I know . . . but this car is so exclusive, it may as well not be made.

This is strictly for collecting and for auto shows . . . has any body ever known someone to even aspire to owning a Bugatti ?

Not I said the Rebel . . . give me a Lotus V8 . . .!

Hudson
08-03-2001, 08:40 AM
There's a problem with a car being exclusive? That's a first.

I've seen a number of Bugattis in person. Most of them are driven the way they were intended to be driven...hard. Almost all Bugattis, except for the Type 41 and some Type 57s, were performance cars of their day. Even the "reincarnated" EB110 was an excellent performance car and driven in a few races.

Moppie
08-03-2001, 09:32 AM
Hey i_reble :finger:

Bugatti is one of the oldest sports car marques out there and can be compared with Ferrari and Lamborgni in terms of driving experiance and performance. Of course thier a drivers car, just because a car is VERY rare donst mean its not exhilerating to drive.

i_rebel
08-03-2001, 10:00 AM
I'm not downing exclusivity . . . nor am I trying to say that the Bugatti does not perform.

I'm saying that a Bugatti owner/purchaser is porbably going to be a car collector . . . and will buy the car ONLY to add to the collection.

While it may be driven on a RARE OCCASIONAL basis, it's not the kind of car that a car DRIVER will buy . . . a car COLLECTOR maybe . . . but not a car DRIVER.

There is a difference between the two.

Hudson: I've not seen your name before . . . welcome to the forums.

Moppie: You've got a comprehension problem ;)

Let's make this thread interesting . . . why don't one of you tell me the average selling price of a brand new Bugatti . . . or just MSRP for that matter, we'll pick up from there . . .

enzo@af
08-03-2001, 10:07 AM
I aspire to getting a Bugatti...but I want an EB110, not the Veyron.

Hudson
08-03-2001, 10:05 PM
Rebel: Thanks for the greeting!

There are currently no Bugatti models in production. The last one was the EB110 which sold for $300-400k. It was a drivers car...and purchased as such...just like Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

Most owners of older Bugattis do collect them, since the newest of the older Bugs are no younger than 50 years old. Many of these owners actually do push their cars, even as old as they are. Go to any vintage event and you'll see some Type 35s really moving.

gang$tarr
08-03-2001, 11:59 PM
i kinda agree with i_rebel...... like how many bugattis do you see on the road? and since i don't think that they produce very many they would be a highly prized collectors car..... not a driving enthusiusts car like a porsche

Hudson
08-04-2001, 12:57 AM
As I said, they haven't built ANY Bugattis since 1995. The total number of Bugatti EB110s built were 149. Prior to that, Bugatti hadn't built any cars since the 1950s. Total production of Bugatti since 1912 is about 8,000.

This is a good reason why you don't see any on the street. Ford makes almost 5 times that many Explorers EACH MONTH!

gang$tarr
08-04-2001, 03:18 PM
and that's exactly why it's a collectors car, because they're so rare collectors like buying them..... so that the car can sit in their showroom and they can polish it, not drive it (hard)

vectorclub
11-03-2001, 09:57 PM
http://members.aol.com:/vectorclub/eb

http://www.eb110.com/eb/engindex.html

Dauer has bought the tooling to continue building the EB110. If you have a few hundred thousand burning a hole in your pocket you can buy one.

As far as being a Driver's car, don't assume someone would not drive it often. Look at Jay Leno, he drives very rare cars on public road ways all of the time. I know a guy who has a Vector W8 (only 19 made) drives his car when ever it is running. Often it has issues.

I am not a fan of the front end styling of the EB110, but it was a car that could keep up with just about anything. The creation of cars like these adds variety to world of cars. The styling and technology from this car may find its way into more economical cars down the road.

If I owned one and could afford the insurance, I would drive it. I would just worry about people running into my car as they drive down the freeway looking at the car rather then where they are on the road. My buddy in his Vector W8 has had some close calls because the drivers around him where not driving, just looking at his car as they cruised at 80mph.

dejoux
11-04-2001, 05:00 AM
You obviously havnt been in the right places then, even here where there is about 4 bugattis (moppie am i about right) in the whole country Ive seen one driven in anger. Theres a guy in ChCh who owns a Type 35 and another saloon (and an F40 and a testarossa and a whole heeap of other stuff) and he drives it. Its just that they are so rare that you are unlikely to see one at all. If you see one drving hard itll be against other old cars or in ahistorical hil;l climb or something, not being taken down to buy some bread

Moppie
11-04-2001, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by dejoux
You obviously havnt been in the right places then, even here where there is about 4 bugattis (moppie am i about right)

I dont know? I know there is at least 1 original car (in southwards), and at least one special based on a Bugatti.

The problem is there rarity, anything rare attracts the attention of collectors and so, many Bugattis do get locked up in private musems. But this in no way reflects on thier ablity as a drivers car, or on thier desire as a drivers car. There are many that are driven, and driven hard on a regular basis by people with a passion for driving and enough money to afford them.

Just becuase a car is collectable dosnt mean its not a drivers car, under that reasoning then almost every pre 1980 Ferrari and certainly every pre 1980 Lamborghini would cease to be a drivers car.

Chris
11-09-2001, 11:22 PM
Many of them do get placed in museums. But a lot of people drive them HARD!! Just like the glory days, they are screaming to their redline (which really isnt that high), and cornering and breaking, etc, etc.

gang$tarr
11-10-2001, 04:24 PM
It's such a nice car... I know I'd drive it hard :D as long as i could keep it away from those pesky collectors

vectorclub
11-10-2001, 06:02 PM
It's such a nice car... I know I'd drive it hard as long as i could keep it away from those pesky collectors

It is a good thing the world has those "pesky" collectors. Having a mix of drivers and collectors help keep them on the road and keep some for the future generations to see. Museums can help people to learn about great automobiles. I know I benefited greatly from seeing the Blackhawk Automotive Museum, the old Harrah's collection, Nethercut Collection, Towe Museum, Petersen Museum, and San Diego Auto Museum. All of these museums offer cars that many have never seen. In the case of the Blackhawk Automotive Museum they present the cars in a style that brings out the artistic side of the automobile.

Many Bugatti's would be recycled scrap metal by now if it was not for some of those "pesky" collectors. We can only hope the world will have a good balance of collectors and drivers.

Chris
11-10-2001, 09:15 PM
good point...

gang$tarr
11-11-2001, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by vectorclub

It is a good thing the world has those "pesky" collectors. Having a mix of drivers and collectors help keep them on the road and keep some for the future generations to see. Museums can help people to learn about great automobiles. I know I benefited greatly from seeing the Blackhawk Automotive Museum, the old Harrah's collection, Nethercut Collection, Towe Museum, Petersen Museum, and San Diego Auto Museum. All of these museums offer cars that many have never seen. In the case of the Blackhawk Automotive Museum they present the cars in a style that brings out the artistic side of the automobile.

Many Bugatti's would be recycled scrap metal by now if it was not for some of those "pesky" collectors. We can only hope the world will have a good balance of collectors and drivers.

lol.... i was just saying that if i had an EB110 than i'd keep it away from those "pesky" collectors that'll be after it :D :D
don't worry, there are enough of'em out there... just if i had that bugatti, i wouldn't want them takin mine

Speedfreak17
11-30-2001, 11:51 AM
I think Buggati is a driver's car
Here are specs for the Bugatti EB 110 Supersport
Bugatti EB 110 SS - Specifications Engine 4 stroke Otto cycle
Characteristics 60 degrees "V", 12 cylinders
Position mid-longitudinal
Bore and stroke 81 mm x 56.6 mm
Total cylinder capacity 3500 ccm
Compression ratio 7.65 : 1
Maximum Power 450 kW (610 CV), 8250 g/1´
Specific power 129 kW/liter (175 CV/liter)
EEC maximum torque 611 Nm (62.3 kgm), 3750 g/1´
Maximum running 8500 g/1´
Construction monobloc built in light aluminium
Cyl. heads / links alloy RR 350 Cu / titanium
Valve gear / drive gear driven / 2 camshafts for each group
Valves x cylinder inlet: 3 , exhaust:2
Supply Bugatti Multipoint electronic injection
Superch. / max superpressure 4 IHI turbosupercharges / 1.2 bar
Ignition capacitive discharge, 1 coil x cylinder
Lubrication dry sump. lubricant: Elf Victory HTX
Clutch single dry plate, hydraulic power assisted
Gearbox 6 speed with synchronization + reverse
Gear ratios 1.st= 1:3.06 2.nd= 1.2.19 3.rd= 1:1.159
4.th= 1.1.24 5.th= 1:1.1 6.th= 1:0.82 Reverse= 1:3.583
Transmission permanent integral on 4 wheels
Front/rear/central diff. free / selflocking at 45% / epicycle
Rear-axle ratios front 27% / rear 73%
Chassis carbon fibre single block
Body 2 door saloon in aluminium
Suspension independent
Front double wishbone with pull rod
Rear double wishbone
Steering rack-and-pinion power assisted
Backing Sytem double hydraulic circuit, ABS Bosch Bugatti
Front and rear brakes floating disk ventilated ø 332 mm
Wheels
Rims BBS aluminium forged composite wheel rims
Tyre Michelin Pilot SX MXX3
Front 245/40 R18 x 9J
Rear 325/30 R18 x 12J
Electrical System 12v, alternator 140A. battery 64 Ah
Size
Max. lenght / max. width 4400 mm / 1940 mm
Max height / min ground 1114 mm / 128 mm
Wheel base 2550 mm
Front track / Rear track 1550 mm / 1618 mm
Weight
Normal running weight 1570 kg
Distribution front: 40%, rear: 60%
Performance
Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h 3.35 sec.
1 km standing start 19.5 sec.
Maximum speed 351 km/h
Fuel Consumption (EEC Std 80/1268)
Urban cycle 29.9 liters / 100 km
Constant speed at 90 km/h 12.9 liters / 100 km
Constant speed at 120 km/h 14.3 liters / 100 km
Tanks 2 independent 100 litres of total capacity
Antipollution Device 2 x 2 3-way catalyst/oxygen sensor
secondary air injection; petrol vapor collector;
oil vapor collector; ecological ELF lubricant

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

gang$tarr
11-30-2001, 05:01 PM
that's like a lemans car, i don't think that's a road car

i_rebel
11-30-2001, 05:28 PM
Understand, I've never tried to say that Bugatti's aren't capable performers or that they are automobiles built to be granny driven or pampered.

So, Speedfreak, while you bring a lot of interesting information to the table you like some others have missed my point . . .

I'm saying that they are VERY EXCLUSIVE automobiles . . . and someone that buys a Bugatti, will not be buying it as a daily driver.

Follow: Someone with the finances to purchase a Bugatti, is most likely adding it to a collection of autos . . . and will probably be able to count on his hands how many times it has been driven after a year of ownership.

Cars like that are bought by people who intend to have it as an addition to their stable of cars, NOT by people who plan to use it as a mode of transportation.

Anybody who would by a car like that with the goal of driving it on a daily basis is an ass, and clearly such asses do not exist in our world . . .

Unless you happen to know someone like that . . . ??

XOTech
12-01-2001, 03:23 AM
There are only 2 or 3 EB110s in the US. I have seen one of them, it is blue. In Europe I have seen several other cars, both SSs and non. For the buyer of a Bugatti, it is purely on a collecting basis. The car is very tempermental and few technicians in the US will even look at them and even fewer are really qualified to do so. I appreciate the Bugatti for its bold re-entry into the supercar market, but it fell quickly by the wayside. It is a very neat car. In terms of capability, it is up there with the best of them. It was quite clear that the quad turbos carried much of the weight to give the car the supercar numbers it needed to get to the precious few in the true "supercar" pile.

Occasionally, I will get a client that wants an EB110. They are very difficult to get into the US, but it can be done. I have sold other cars that stayed in Europe, but the market will always be there, a very small market, but a market nonetheless.

As for the new Veyron. Hmm.. I am extremely impressed. It takes the supercar gene and takes it to the next step. It still does not alter my personal favorite, the McLaren F1, but it does make one think. The Veyron has pushed the barrier in many technical fronts. The W16 is an impressive Engineering accomplishement. I was able to sit in the two-tone blue Veyron at the Geneva Auto Show this last March in Switzerland. Since that time, I have had negotiations with the factory about bringing the car to the US. The car is vastly expensive, a fact that I am not sure many owners can overcome. The quality is impecible. The one figure that has been thrown on the table is nearly impossible to swallow... the car WILL BREAK 186mph IN UNDER 14 SECONDS. (Direct quote from Bugatti president, Karl-Heinz Neumann)

There is an updated Veyron now being promoted through the show circuit. It is the Red and Black car. There are several key details that are updated, all of which are aimed at bringing the car towards production in sometime close to 2003. We shall see. If the car becomes a reality, it will most certainly eclipse the EB110. Anyone for pics??

Chris
12-01-2001, 03:26 PM
186mph is 300km/h, for those wondering the significance of that figure.

0-60 is estimated at 2.5 seconds. Top speed is est. 252 mph (406km/h).

Awesome.

The quad turbo V16 is amazing

Here are a few pics:

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?s=1&pic=2001_bugatti_16-4-9.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?s=1&pic=2001_bugatti_16-4-1.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?s=1&pic=2001_bugatti_16-4-8.jpg

XOTech
12-01-2001, 04:53 PM
Thanks for posting the pics of the newer Veyron prototype. Supercars.net is right on top of things as usual. Not even the Bugatti website has images of their newer car. I will still post a couple of the blue car that I saw in Geneva.

gang$tarr
12-02-2001, 02:09 PM
the last interior i saw looked like the inside was all orange carpet, like a shaggin waggon... lol :D

i'm glad to say that looks ALOT better :D

i_rebel
12-03-2001, 08:58 AM
XOTECH:

- Thanks for addins some pertinent validity to this exchange. Indeed, these are very unique cars.

XOTech
12-12-2001, 10:23 PM
As promised, although a bit slow in doing so, here is an image from the Geneva Auto Show in March, 2001. As a result of previous contacts with the Bugatti factory, I was invited to step onstage with the car turning slowly around and around. The factory rep was very kind to me. She further extended an opportunity to sit in the car. It is quite impressive in pictures, but it is another thing again to see it and feel it in the flesh. Very exciting car.

i_rebel
12-13-2001, 09:54 AM
Have you had the opportunity to drive any of the Bugatti offerings?

Hudson
12-14-2001, 09:44 AM
VW only has a few concepts...no "offereings" yet.

i_rebel
12-14-2001, 01:41 PM
READ dammit . . . lol . . .

Has there or has there not been anything on the road bearing the name Bugatti?

I'm asking XOTECH if he's ever driven a Bugatti . . . next I plan to ask him for driving impressions . . . if he's ever driven one.

I'm not talking about VW concept cars here . . . I'm sorry if you misunderstood :)

Follow?

vectorclub
12-14-2001, 02:29 PM
I'm not talking about VW concept cars here . . . I'm sorry if you misunderstood

Since VW owns Bugatti, I think Hudson made a valid comment. The VW supercar and new Bugatti will share parts. The VW W12 is supposed to be along the lines of a NSX in terms of price. The Bugatti concept car might become availible for press rides in 2002. The last Bugatti for the street was the EB110 and you can still by them under the name Daur. It was a solid car, it was just a poorly managed company. If they had not wasted so much money on fancy offices and other items they may have stayed in business long enough to become a real company again. Instead they were a "flash in the pan"and went belly up. Then VW took the name and added to it their collection famous european name plates.

XOTech
12-14-2001, 10:39 PM
rebel. I have not had the pleasure of driving any of the Bugatti products. The only two of any real question here are the EB110 and the EB110SS. There are only 2 or 3 cars here in the states. I have sold a couple EB110s and 1 EB110SS. I have heard them run in person and they are an interesting car. I have followed the exotic business all my life and have had the priveledge of spending substantial time with nearly every top make and model of exotic car out there. As you all well know, there are so many different ways to result in the same thing, in terms of speed, but the process by which they get there is altogether different. In other words, the style in which they get to 200+mph is what really counts. Heck a Sledgehammer Corvette will do quite a bit over 200mph, but in my mind, it is still a Corvette (with 2 really big turbos on it).

Relating to the EB110, it is a neat car, but the style doesn't really wow me. I like it, don't get me wrong. I love all these exotics. When you begin to add to your experiences with all the exotics out there, you quickly form in your mind what it is you really like and why. For me, what really makes the difference when comparing other cars against each other is how the performance is achieved. It is a hugely impressive statement to say a naturally aspirated (no turbos or alternative air/fuel mixture) can achieve 240mph, as is the case with the McLaren F1. Or even drop back a notch, the Lamborghini Diablo in its earlier stages had confirmed testing with stock configured cars at 217mph, again naturally aspirated.

Now jump to the Bugatti EB110, it has a smaller capacity V-12 but is simular in performance on many planes thanks entirely to the quad turbo setup. To me, it is a bit more impressive to achieve the mark the traditional way. Having driven so many cars, I find that the turbos present a dynamic of driving that I don't really enjoy - waiting. Turbo lag. It isn't bad in the Bugatti because the turbos are fairly small, but when they all kick in, it hits with a bang. Quite a boost. The engine sounds kinda tin-like, whereas the Diablo has a deep wonderful tone. The Ferraris are a higher pitch, but still quite enjoyable. The McLaren is a low burble, but not as gutteral as the Diablo, even.

The Bugatti way isn't wrong or less enjoyable, I suppose, but just different. There are several cars for sale around the world. Daur has had that car listed on their website for over a year. They purchased the last few cars that were never finished when the factory closed. They are effectively new cars, but finished by Daur. At any given time, I have 4-6 cars available with various color and mileage combinations. I also have 2 EB110 SSs. Definitely the car to have if a Bugatti EB110 is your car of choice.

As far as styling, that is entirely up to the enthusiast, but it is not at the top of my list (assuming the McLaren is not included in that list). Again, I don't hate the looks, but there are others that I prefer more.

vectorclub - as for shared parts, I have spoken to top brass at both VW and Bugatti and it is nearly entirely unique per car. At this stage, there is nothing shared, except the parent ownership. As for price, there are indications in the media about the list price of the W12. I am doubtful that it will make it to market that cheap, but time will tell. It will be interesting if that actually becomes the case.

eb110ss4life
09-16-2002, 02:58 AM
okay if were talking eb110 for 400+ pics of it. as for the top speed account your talking about of what 212/217 miles an hour...that is crap i have a speedo pic of 1 NOT MODIFIED of the eb110 ss doing 240 miles an hour/389kms 1 km short of the micca at http://ultimate-bugattis.vze.com/ . as for the eb110 being rare yes surely it is, with only 149 of the made only 37/38 of those being eb110SS the rest being the gt and the 2 racing versions of 1 from lemans and 1 which competed in some racing events and was owned by some monaco business tycoon. the rarity of this car is what makes it so special. so what ur saying i rebel is that teh 5 mclarens f1 lm's are rare too and never seen driven????? that too is a comparission to be considered, but yet the y are still on the road, just not as much as a ferari 550 for example because the 550 is more well known and reknowned and alot cheaper. and for teh record if your claiming your rarity thing consider teh fact that i KNOW of around 8-10 EB110 of gt ss and dauer versions for sale in the world. not that rare considering the say 8 out of 149+ 10 or so dauer versions made. it may have been the fastest production car back when it was made but back then no one cared so to speak...... does anyone understand what im saying here......???????????
heres the pic of it doing 240 MILES an hour....enjoy and begin to be speechless....... teh picture was taken and published on teh frotn cover of some french auto magazine... i forget the name of the magazine.....

Chris
09-20-2002, 10:13 PM
I have a real hard time believing that that is a real top speed. Maybe if he was in an EB110 SS with a strong tailwind. But a real top speed has to be run BOTH ways, making instantaneous speed valueless. Im sure a Corvette in a hurrican could approach uber speeds, but goin the other way will be slightly different.

And all the stuff Bugatti wasted their money on in the early 90's. Such a shame. I've seen some pictures, and its gross.

And the 5 F1 LM's are used occasionally. They are just often garaged. One broke the 0-100-0 record, which was very nice article, if I do say so.

XOTech
09-20-2002, 10:30 PM
My appologies for a long message here, but I assure you it is worth reading.

EB110SS4Life,

The EB110 SS and even the non-SS are quite impressive cars and merit exotic status without question. I have had EB110 clients before and will gladly sell others to buyers that so desire that car. As for the performance, it is a very capable car. The equation to speed (what it takes to go fast) for the Bugatti is very different than the McLaren. With the use of 4 turbos, the car's capability is tremendously enhanced. Without the turbos, it would not have near the capability. As I am sure you are well aware, the McLaren has no turbos, therefore natural aspiration. In terms of technology and capability when compared, the McLaren engine is far more refined. Now keep in mind here, that I am not saying that a Bugatti is crap, it is just a different approach for a different type of buyer.

In general, I think your comments are quite rude and without sufficient merit to back them up.

Your speedometer picture is very impressive as well, but unfortunately does not prove anything. In every viable speed test, the data of accurate performance and speed is measured NOT with the stock speedometer, but with digital and optical telemetry. This equipment is an exact measurement of the actual performances in terms of speed. It is well known that speedometers become less accurate the higher they go. Most stock speedometers have an error rate of about 5-10% and gets worse the faster you go. That is 10-20mph at 200mph(322kph). To translate, your speedo says you are doing 200 when in fact you are only at 180-190mph(290-306kph). That is significant error. If you would like to validate this, find such magazine articles that actually post the error rates for the speedos of the cars they test. Several print this data. With regard to your 389kph (241.7mph) speedo picture, the more accurate speed based on typical speedometer error is actually 349-368kph (217-229mph). I am more inclined to believe the 349kph (217mph) figure because every test that I have seen of the Bugatti EB110SS or non-SS has never eclipsed the manufacturers claim of 217mph. The McLaren has been tested with this equipment in a completely stock roadcar and still succeeded in a completely accurate 241.3mph.
My suggestion would be to have your car fitted with the speed measurement telemetry and give your car another top speed run. If indeed your car breaks all previous Bugatti EB110 records, I will more than happily conceed, but I think you will be the one that is speechless.

The Bugatti EB110 is quite rare as there were far fewer made than say a competing Ferrari, and true indeed, even less of the EB110SS. That said, similar to the XJ220, the Bugatti reached market saturation quite early on and to this day, there are still brand new EB110's available for sale. There will always be more EB110s for sale in the world because they will always be less valuable than the McLaren. The quality in the two cars is vastly different with the McLaren being far superior.

The consumer (buyer) is the ultimate authority on what is popular because the buyers determine what is popular by what they like and therefore buy. The EB110 remaining production was bought be Dauer after Bugatti went bankrupt for the 3rd time. Thankfully, as a company, they are healthy once again in the hands of VW. I know several key people in the Bugatti ranks and the new Veyron is a very impressive car that we all must anxiously await to see what it can do.

The McLaren LM is very rare indeed, only 5 were built. They are owned by people that can afford the car and respect its value. They are driven, not abused to the limits of their capability, but they are driven. Not to mention, they are all regularly serviced by McLaren to ensure they are in top condition. You will recall magazine article after article that pitted the McLaren against every other exotic out there to lobby for the top position as the world's fastest. EVERY test showed the McLaren came out on top, and by considerable margin in every case. In fact, you might check out the latest test in the British EVO Magazine, Sept 2002 (#047). They test the new Edonis against the McLaren GTR. Keep in mind that the Edonis is an EB110 chassis and basic motor with every last ounce of potential eeked out of the engine to produce a real 700hp. That is quite impressive.
The McLaren GTR in that test was a unmodified GTR that retained the high downforce wing and front splitter, which are hardly optimal for a top speed attempt.

Without question the McLaren once again takes the cake.

Please understand, I do not dislike the Bugatti. There are many different exotics made because people have different taste.

I am sorry for the long message, but I felt that a few things needed to be corrected.

DivineF1
10-03-2002, 01:17 PM
Greetings to you all!

OMG! It's my first time around here and I'm already in love with you people!!
You know a great deal about cars and I'm glad to actually "meet" people who have an interest about the divine Marque!

As for this post... I would like to add that EB110 (as you already know 110 stands for the 110th anniversary since Ettore Bugatti was born in 1881) appeared in Le Mans after like 55 years since the last Bugatti raced there! The last of the Bugattis to run in Le Mans was the Type57G, also known as the "Tank", with the legendary drivers: Jean Pierre Wimille and Pierre Veyron behind the wheel. Anyways, the car had a chance to finish among the first ten but a tyre failure (correct me if I'm wrong) ended its race.

Also: "Gildo Pallanca-Pastor, owner of the Monaco Racing team attended at the pre-qualifying for the 1996 Le Mans 24 hours with a Bugatti EB110 SS. Without much success, though. The car was later wrecked in testing by co-driver Patrick Tambay, and therefore did not appear at the race."

So the EB110 has entered some major races and that proves that Bugatti cars can be driven in races and do well. As for the original Bugattis, well, they are what I love the most! Pure racers; most of them. Type35 won about 1000 races back in the 20s - 30s! Oh, I talk too much... It's because I've made a lot of research about the Marque and have also written an article about the History of the Bugatti Marque in a magazine once.

I worship Bugattis. I worship Ettore Bugatti.

supercarbabe
12-03-2002, 07:49 PM
i am proud to own the buggati it's a beautiful machine but i do drive as much as possible and i love it. And well yes there are some asses that do drive there fancy cars on regular basis and tend to be big assholes but i am not one of them im. But anys you guys are rite they are a hard find but there worth it specialy if you really do a job on it im a machanic so i beefed mine up and did a good job isted of her regular engine i put in lamborghinis WOW can it pump what a difference and now has become my fave track car. Oh and yes the buggati is my collecter car but i try and drive all my cars. I really think its not good to let them sit there they need to get out and rev there engins so i let my friends (rarely and with exelent supervison) drive them with some of my familly.

But anys gata fly. :licker: :ylsuper

XOTech
12-05-2002, 09:09 PM
Supercarbabe, As I understand correctly, you currently own an EB110 that has a Lamborghini engine? That is a very interesting modification. I am curious if there was a noticable improvement in performance. That seems like a rather serious modification to do unless perhaps the original quad turbo V12 was in desperate need of rebuilding.

Would you expand on further details about your car and what modifications have been done.

I would also be interested to hear what other cars of exotic caliber you may have in your collection.

Menu dei Motori
12-06-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by supercarbabe
i am proud to own the buggati it's a beautiful machine but i do drive as much as possible and i love it. And well yes there are some asses that do drive there fancy cars on regular basis and tend to be big assholes but i am not one of them im. But anys you guys are rite they are a hard find but there worth it specialy if you really do a job on it im a machanic so i beefed mine up and did a good job isted of her regular engine i put in lamborghinis WOW can it pump what a difference and now has become my fave track car. Oh and yes the buggati is my collecter car but i try and drive all my cars. I really think its not good to let them sit there they need to get out and rev there engins so i let my friends (rarely and with exelent supervison) drive them with some of my familly.

But anys gata fly. :licker: :ylsuper

would be very kind of you if you have time to post some pics!
thanks!

Chris
12-06-2002, 04:33 PM
I supremely doubt Supercarbabe's pledge that they own an EB110 with a lamborghini engine. For one, it would lose some horsepower but gain some torque and some weight.
So, I dont believe its true at all, which I think you (XOTech) might have been getting at.

gemballa
01-16-2003, 11:40 PM
was the veyron builted?was it a production car?

XOTech
01-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Gemballa,

The Veyron has not yet been built. My discussions with Bugatti indicate very strong promises that they will indeed build the car. It has had a very favorable response from the public and with reasonable response from potential buyers. I expect the car will indeed be built. As for when we might actually see the first production car come off the lot, I am not willing to wager a date, but I would put my money on the fact that we will indeed see the car hit production within the next year, maybe two. If it takes longer than two years to make it into production, the likelyhood that it will be produced becomes quite remote.

I sincerely hope the car does enter the market. It is a hugely impressive car and has some very lofty claims of performance that need to be substantiated. If they can come through with their claims, the car will be a great success.

Menu dei Motori
01-21-2003, 03:41 AM
hi XOTech

do you think they will change the car body again?

XOTech
01-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Menu,
Bugatti has produced several styling concepts in the last few years. All them have obvious styling similarities, but are fundamentally quite different in the market approach with each car. With respect to the Veyron, it has not really changed at all as of yet. My discussions with Bugatti suggest that they will not change the car at all for the final production. The current models you have seen, the Blue/Black and the Red/Black cars have only very subtle refinements. As for the many other concept cars they have introduced, few will make it to the next stage of a pre-production example, and certainly not actual production.

I am excited to see the Veyron hit the streets and answer some of the performance claims they have promised.

Hudson
01-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by XOTech
...As for the many other concept cars they have introduced, few will make it to the next stage of a pre-production example, and certainly not actual production....

Many? Since Volkswagen took control of the Bugatti name, there have been five concepts: EB118, EB218, EB18/3 Chiron, EB18/4 Veyron, and the EB16/4 Veyron.

"Next stage of a pre-production example?" The first four vehicles were "concepts," and the last was to show production intent. The only one announced for production has been the Veyron, although VW has spoken of further vehicles. Since the plant is under construction, production of the Veyron will begin within the year, but the other concepts will remain just that, concepts.

I would expect further concept cars with the Bugatti badge in the future, but I would not expect VW to revisit their prior concept cars with production intent. I would bet that a sedan is in the planning stages to compete with Rolls-Royce and Maybach.

Deakins
01-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Or maybe a SUV?

http://www.dinside.no/dh_bilde/85804.jpg
:(

Chris
01-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Its not funny to even joke about an SUV:mad:

But i could see the luxurious sedan go into production. That was the original intention when VW acquired Bugatti. However, at the time, it was determined that million dollar super limo would be unpopular, and they decided to produce a supercar instead. I would not be surprised to see them make a $500000 luxury sedan now, though.

Add your comment to this topic!