Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Finnish Art !!!

mike united
05-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Look at this crazy stuff, the Ford taunus in the first link is built totally from scratch, havent looked through everything yet but you've gotta like the Audi, its so different. Look at the interior work on some of these things ......................

Later, Mike :smokin:

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/forum/sv/article.asp?data=9486549745_~d_20040513_135735_~t_ M@228starbyggare_~a_Stefan_Svensson.xml

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/model_cars_from_others/models_by_juha_airio-1/

SupaMan89T
05-15-2004, 09:23 AM
wow thats crazy lookin.

ZoomZoomMX-5
05-15-2004, 09:31 AM
The models are by Juha Airio of Finland. He's probably the best builder in the world of very detailed replica stock models, and some fine customs as well. He's been an inspiration for years. He builds incredible replicas of cars that you don't see in Finland, cars that he's probably never seen. His models are very well known and respected in the US; he's sent some of them to various shows and always wins. Look at the glass in his cars...it's incredibly realistic, he doesn't use kit glass. He makes his own emblems. He scratchbuilds a lot. The cars are incredibly well detailed everywhere...including those unseen areas we usually forget to detail. He does it all. He's the god of all replica stock modelers. :sunglasse

stisnan
05-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Man, that audi looks sick.

slk320
05-15-2004, 09:37 AM
The models are by Juha Airio of Finland. He's probably the best builder in the world of very detailed replica stock models, and some fine customs as well. He's been an inspiration for years. He builds incredible replicas of cars that you don't see in Finland, cars that he's probably never seen. His models are very well known and respected in the US; he's sent some of them to various shows and always wins. Look at the glass in his cars...it's incredibly realistic, he doesn't use kit glass. He makes his own emblems. He scratchbuilds a lot. The cars are incredibly well detailed everywhere...including those unseen areas we usually forget to detail. He does it all. He's the god of all replica stock modelers. :sunglasse

Excatly. I have been following his work for the better part of last 5 years. He has won every major competition including IPMS and NNL events. His work is super clean and detailed to a hilt! He also has some "How-to" articles is Scale Auto magazine.

mike united
05-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Just looked again............He's not just from a different league, i think he's from another planet !?!

Later, from a totally speechless Mike :smokin:

proosen
05-17-2004, 01:59 PM
What bothers me is that he's using those photo etched wipers. They aren't very realistic in my opinon. I have a much better alternativ, I build my own wipers from stripes of thin aluminium foil and PC and that gives me a 3D-look. The Volvo-wiper consists of 12 pieces and it's only the attachment point that's from the original model. Btw Mike, this is the car that you got the parts from to your street version 855 :) A fellow modeler here in Sweden told me that he had seen Mr. Airio putting on new scripts in italic style directly on the body writing with a toothpic and epoxi glue, so what ever wipers he choose to use he will always be one my house god's of car modeling.

Niclas

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=3013649&outx=600&oq=0

Add your comment to this topic!