Reputable body shop in Calgary

buh_buh
01-17-2002, 12:06 AM
which ones?

92 Teg-B18A
01-17-2002, 12:47 AM
When I backed into this cart thing I put a nasty dent in the piece of metal right above the bumper but below the hatch....anyways I took it to Clagary Coachworks and the guy wasn't so great (treatin' kinda like I was just a punk, not really but you know) but hey whatever. He wasn't to attentive, I don't think that he really paid attention whe he looked at my car. So I got a quote form them and then I took my car over to Horton Autobody (it's over by Laserquest) and they quoted me a little bit more than the other place but you could tell the guy was giving me a straight answer and wasn't tryin' to screw me. They had the same program that lets look at what parts need to be take off and such and with Horton Autobody said that you would have to take out my tail lights to take that panel off to repair and repaint it. Calgary Coachworks said everything but that pretty much. So I decided that Horton Autobody was the place to go. I took the car in got it back when they said it would be done. He would have given me a loaner free of charge but he didn't have any left. But when I got it back it looked and still looks great! So my advice would to goto Horton Autobody, there number is 255-2882. But I also have heard that A-1 Autobody also does a good job. However my parents got into a minor fender bender a couple years ago and they took it into A-1. Nothin serious but the front air dam had to be replaced and no the paint is spidering. Just a word of forwarning.

But get a price quote form Horton, their service was the best!

buh_buh
01-17-2002, 01:11 AM
I've been to Horton before, the guy treated me like some punk too and was just a total dick to me. He just thought I was some punk kid. Anyways, this is for a friend of mine, who's looking for a body shop to put on a bodykit. So do these places do bodykits? Do they charge a lot? I know A1 is probably the most well known one, I just want to see if there are other ones too.

90civicrider
01-17-2002, 05:33 PM
I heard RPM Racing does good work.
I havent had any body work there but i got my
coilovers installed there and they did a good job!
Also i've bought a couple things.

If you do go there talk to "Tian" tell him Jeff with the black civic hatchback sent you. He's a good guy to work with.

Superesc
01-17-2002, 11:04 PM
Yea from what I gather, RPM's reputation in the bodywork area is pretty good.

And from what I heard, Tien now works at Contemporary. But don't get it wrong, there's no "conflict" between him and RPM. His car is still at RPM.

-Cal

92 Teg-B18A
01-18-2002, 01:43 AM
yeah, I've heard that RPM does a good job on bodywork too. A guy I used to work with had a 91 Teg LS I think and he got the black molding painted to match the body color and it turned out really good! He even said that there was some kind of warranty against spidering I think! But I would bet that RPM does a pretty good job, I mean have you seen the cars they have in thei show room? Those cars are the bomb! Really slick looking man!

Beyond Imagination
01-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Yeah Tein's not at RPM no more ....

buh_buh
01-18-2002, 12:07 PM
I also heard Milennium was not bad. A friend of mine said he was friends with the guys that opened it and said they were pretty good guys to deal with. Does anyone have experience with them?

RevHappy Cowboy®
01-19-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
which ones?

I only trust A-1 :bandit:

RickDaTuner
01-19-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by RevHappy Cowboy®

I only trust A-1 :bandit:

gee long time no post rev :D

Beyond Imagination
01-19-2002, 08:29 PM
What do you need done?

buh_buh
01-20-2002, 03:14 AM
its not me, its just a buddy of mine needs a bodykit put on.
I don't even have a car right now.

Beyond Imagination
01-20-2002, 05:40 AM
Ahhhh ... why not put it on himself ... not that hard ... but I know Roberto at RPM does a wicked job ... also Revolution Racing looks like they know what they're doing ...

RickDaTuner
01-20-2002, 12:47 PM
try tunner works i hear only good things abouthose guys mabey you should give them a try

buh_buh
01-20-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Beyond Imagination
... also Revolution Racing looks like they know what they're doing ...
My old car was sponsored by them. I hate them, they tried to screw me over and I don't ever intend on going back. They did a half ass job on my car too, and they kept my car for like 3 months to put on a bodykit and repaint the car. I would not recommend anyone going there.

streetsi99
02-01-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
try tunner works i hear only good things abouthose guys mabey you should give them a try

Tunerworks is mostly engine work. Havent heard much about they're body work but they are excellent in engine work.

But go to RPM....
they arent too $$ but yet, they're still 1 of the best.

but I like Impressions better. They arent as good as RPM but they're still VERY good in my mind (they did 1 hell of an awsome job on my body kit)....
they were cheaper then RPM also..... but I got a deal cuz i bought my kit through them, plus I did lots of other mods through them.

You could also try Contemporary Coachworks, I've heard lots of bad things about them though....but I've also heard some really good things about them too..... but I wouldnt really trust them.

Marenello..........they install the kits better then any place in Calgary I think. But then they are very $$$$ and they take longer then any other place..... but the quality will make yur jaws drop!

so all in all.....I would either go with RPM....or else Impressions.

buh_buh
02-01-2002, 04:50 AM
I'm trying to decide between RPM and Millenium. I'm only considering Millenium because a friend of mine knows the owner and may be able to get me a deal. And he says they do a pretty good job too. Has anyone done anything through them before?

banben
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Definitely not Calgary Coachworks. They will tell you all kinds of stories to get your vehicle but quality of work is poor and their guarantee is not worth the paper it is printed on. :headshake I have dealt with the guy in the north and he has lots of stories definitelty poor service.:nono:

supersalooon
05-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Horton autobody is very professional service is top notch and the finish product outstanding. definitly my #1 choice.:rofl:

wiens66
05-18-2010, 08:22 AM
I found a new shop up in the NW that was very good - Speedy Collision . Brand new shop and very helpful and friendly

Donald Burns
05-27-2010, 12:43 AM
After being tricked and ripped off at Horton Autobody, I'm trying to help others avoid such fate. A car is important and you don't want to leave it in the hands of these fools. Run away if you hear of Horton Autobody !!

jvandal
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
AVOID TURNER BODYWORKS! The most unproffessional company I have ever dealt with. Not only did they cut corners, overprice me for my repair and downtalk me like they already took my money, they refused to own up to their horrible repair job and fix the multiple mistakes.
Avoid going to this company at all costs, it will do you more harm than good!

Raid3n
01-22-2011, 11:19 AM
how about Scremin Paint work?

Add your comment to this topic!