Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

customizing GT4 cars

Da_Bagel
05-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know whether or not you can customize the looks of your car on gt4. I dont mean like neon lights and other useless garbage. I mean like carbon fibre hoods and body kits.

gigglesnirt
05-14-2004, 08:23 PM
that wouold be ok, but i wouldn't want it to extreme, i would like to see sponsorships tho, and when you get sponsrored they put they're logo on yur car, and give you their parts, so then it wouldn't really be choosin, but if yur sponsored by say---vielside, you will get a vielside bodykit, so it kinda would make sense.

simdel1
05-15-2004, 03:54 AM
i would be surprised if they didnt include some purely cosmetic (which to be honest, carbon hoods and body kits tend to be) things from the tuning world seen as they will have a drifting competition.

hang on, i've just had a thought. do you thing its possible they might actually include specific drifting cars in the game...like those team orange (i think) cars. :iceslolan

integra818
05-15-2004, 04:00 AM
There will NOT be drift cars. The maker of Gran Turismo does'nt believe in show-off type competitions or car shows or crap like that. He takes the game very seriously. You want drifting?...go buy that piece of rice "Need For Speed:underground"

simdel1
05-15-2004, 09:54 AM
There will NOT be drift cars. The maker of Gran Turismo does'nt believe in show-off type competitions or car shows or crap like that. He takes the game very seriously. You want drifting?...go buy that piece of rice "Need For Speed:underground"

:grinno: im a real racer man. look at the avatar and the sig. I accept there is real skill involved in drifting and to claim that it isnt serious proves that you have never seen a real drift competition before.

now, the reason why i mentioned drifting in GT4 is because it has been confirmed/hinted at by my yamauchi himself. The best quote i could find in the brief moment i have to write this massage is not great. i cant remember where i read it before, i think it was when i was treating a game shop as a library and reading the magazines there :biggrin: .

any way, this quote is from ign.com:
No doubt there will be online scoreboards for hotlaps and lap-records and similar stuff. A drifting competition has also been announced for GT, and following PD's basic premise that should mean GT4 will also feature online drifting competitions.

now before you think im some kind of rice boy, i will remind you that i am one of the biggest haters of rice...but as a driver i admire the skill involved in drifting.

oh and yes, NFS:u is utter tripe if you want a simulator, like i do. theres no way that that game conveys the sort of skill required to do these drift competitions.

GTOmologato
05-15-2004, 09:56 AM
GT4 will not feature a Customization option. The wheel change option nor has not been comfirmed.

gigglesnirt
05-16-2004, 12:35 AM

i wouldn't say there wouldnm't be drift cars, a drift mode has been hinted, same with a drag mode, and if they have drag cars, like gt2, i would amagine them having atleast one or two drift cars, and i dont think the makers of gt will be stupid enough to make the drift mode like nfs:u, that would really degrade the respect that they have, and lose business, now i wouldn't want the game to turn rice either, that would be really stupid, but there are people out there that race, but at the same time still have a wing, or something like that, but i agree that maybe it should be kept as it is, until something happens that can change so its not a bad thing, like doing wutever you want in any catagorie in automotive industry, and hey it'll happen eventially, 10, or maybe 15years ago we had first mario, now we have this, i think gt5,(of course ther'll be one) will have different catagories, were you can choose wut you wanna be, circuit racing, drifting, drag racing, sadly maybe even shows, but it will be for the better if they include the other good ones that show actualy skill.

BTW:i no my spelling sux, i just saw troy and it was so boring it just made me stupid, and raelly tired so i cant really do anything witout........yeah so it just sucked

integra818
05-16-2004, 02:50 AM
:grinno: im a real racer man. look at the avatar and the sig. I accept there is real skill involved in drifting and to claim that it isnt serious proves that you have never seen a real drift competition before.

now, the reason why i mentioned drifting in GT4 is because it has been confirmed/hinted at by my yamauchi himself. The best quote i could find in the brief moment i have to write this massage is not great. i cant remember where i read it before, i think it was when i was treating a game shop as a library and reading the magazines there :biggrin: .

any way, this quote is from ign.com:

now before you think im some kind of rice boy, i will remind you that i am one of the biggest haters of rice...but as a driver i admire the skill involved in drifting.

oh and yes, NFS:u is utter tripe if you want a simulator, like i do. theres no way that that game conveys the sort of skill required to do these drift competitions.

I KNOW you're a real racer, I've seen you around the board, and I've seen your avatar with the kart plenty of times (I own a kart myself), I ALSO admire the skill involved in drifting, but what I was trying to say is that drifting is more of a STYLE thing, where you have to make your driving look nice instead of driving around a course as fast as possible. The direction of GT is not towards style and pretty driving, it's more towards serious competition, and therefore, I believe there will NOT be drifting.

And another thing, I can drift the shit out of my EVO 6 in GT3, and I love drifting, but not from a wannabe's perspective. I'm most likley gonna post a video on my brothers racing team's website of me drifting my EVO ( in thier video section).

I HAVE seen a real drift competition before, like I said, I've been into drifting 3 years before the U.S. drifting bandwagon came around. If you ask any of my friends, they'll tell you that I was really into drifting 2-3 years ago. I'm NOT a drift hater.

"now, the reason why i mentioned drifting in GT4 is because it has been confirmed/hinted at by my yamauchi himself"...this sentance makes no sense. It has been "confirmed/hinted"?!? It's like saying" It has been PROVEN that WW2 might or might not have happened". I'm thinking it was just a B.S. rumor that went around about drifting in GT4 just because of the popularity of drifting latley.

If you want my EVO drift setup, just P.M me. It's setup for my own drifting style, but you might find it just as easy to drift with my cars setup regardless of different driving style.

Simdel, if YOU want my drift setup, you gotta give me pointers on shifter-kart driving first, I'm a NOOB!!!

simdel1
05-16-2004, 03:07 AM
"now, the reason why i mentioned drifting in GT4 is because it has been confirmed/hinted at by my yamauchi himself"...this sentance makes no sense. It has been "confirmed/hinted"?!? It's like saying" It has been PROVEN that WW2 might or might not have happened". I'm thinking it was just a B.S. rumor that went around about drifting in GT4 just because of the popularity of drifting latley.

Simdel, if YOU want my drift setup, you gotta give me pointers on shifter-kart driving first, I'm a NOOB!!!

yeah, i know that bit was a little silly. its just i couldnt remember the exact quote in the magazine that im 90% sure was yamauchi confirming the presence of a drift mode, but incase i have remembered wrong i kinda fudged it with the '/hinted' bit.

i dont do drifting in GT3 as i dont see the need. although i did take a viper tuned to the max with traction control turned off and asm off with standard road tyres up the back (so they would be red in like half a lap...no grip what so ever :rofl: ) and tried to drive it round apricot hill and i think i tried ss11 aswell. that was a lesson in delicate throttle control...

i dont race shifter karts, im happy with my single ratio kart at the moment as its teaching me all i need to know about driving smoothly and consistently. i can give you general tips if you want, but i wont be able to help with shift points and other specifics to do with shifter karts. how long you been racing?

integra818
05-16-2004, 03:18 AM
I hav'nt been racing, I've just been running my kart on the tracks for about a year now. I've gotten fairly good at it, but I still feel that I'm not very good and I have alot fo space to improve.

For anyone why has'nt driven a kart, let me tell you this, most rollercoasters last for about 3 minutes, a kart session can last up to 30 minutes and is just as much (if not more)FUN. Honestly, I have more fun on my shifter kart than I do on rollercoasters!!! To be very honest, rollercoasters are already boring for me after bieng use to karts.

Simdel, driving a non-shifter has a big challenge to it right? Don't you have to try really hard to maintain your speed? I'm not gonna bullshit you, I got beat by a non-shifter on an open track day in the tight section of the track. He must've been a pro, I beat him on the straight but I was still embarassed.

simdel1
05-16-2004, 04:50 AM
i know what you mean. the first time i drove my kart (its only a 100cc 2 cycle) it was just soooo good. it made all that saving money and travelling to the other side of the country totally worthwhile. what spec kart do you have? i would imagine that it is a 125cc 2-cycle?

I have never driven a shifter kart to compare, but i suppose you are right. You absolutely must keep your speed up as you cant just shift down a gear...but i think when you are going as fast as the top boys you will need to be concentrating just as hard on keeping your speed up in a shifter too.

I cant bull shit you either though. i've been racing since 2002, but i probably have the same, if not less track time than you due to time and money constraints. hell, i never even tested my kart before i started racing, that was frigging scary. of course i've done a lot of indoor racing, but that cant be compared. Dont worry too much about your pace in the twisties, that will come with time. Its amazing how quickly my lap times improved after just a few races. Im still nearly 1 second off the pace of the front runners, but i only really compare my pace with people who have done the same, or slightly more race meetings than me and in that respect i consider myself to be doing well.

integra818
05-16-2004, 01:56 PM
I drive a 125 CC shifter, with a Honda motor, I can't remember what kind of chassis it was.

gigglesnirt
05-16-2004, 05:18 PM
....we need a recreational vehicle forum really bad, i keep trying but im not getting any responses.

even tho drifting is just a style sport, and how good your moves look, it still takes a lot of skill to be able to do those things, and thats how it would probably be abel to make it in gt4, but its kinda haf/half that it'll come.

btw i heard that if you have ps2 online, you can download more cars for gt4 if they come out with them, and they post the cars on online ps2, anyon else heard of this?

integra818
05-17-2004, 12:55 AM
....we need a recreational vehicle forum really bad, i keep trying but im not getting any responses.

even tho drifting is just a style sport, and how good your moves look, it still takes a lot of skill to be able to do those things, and thats how it would probably be abel to make it in gt4, but its kinda haf/half that it'll come.

btw i heard that if you have ps2 online, you can download more cars for gt4 if they come out with them, and they post the cars on online ps2, anyon else heard of this?

Not tryin to mock you, but it also takes skill to build a class winning showcar, does'nt mean they're gonna put it in GT4 . Like I said before, I like drifting (well, I use to) and I have fun doin nice drifts in GT4 for fun, but trust me when I say this, the game is NOT gonna have it. Maybe a powerslide test in the licsense section, but not a full drift comp.

Downloading more cars?!? Now THAT'S what I hope you can do in the new game.

gigglesnirt
05-17-2004, 07:39 AM
ya that'll be cool to download the cars, but im trying to find more info on that cause im not certain, and i no yur not mockin' me its just a debate, but i dunno.

gigglesnirt
05-17-2004, 02:32 PM
hhhmmmmmm....

i just got done talkin with a friend who was at e3, and he played the game, and he says there was a drift mode judged similiar to the d1gp, so i dunno about them not having one.....

Polygon
05-17-2004, 02:42 PM
I like being able to buy different wheels, but that is really the most I want to do cosmetically. Although, being able to paint the car different colors would be nice. Sometimes I don't like the color of the free cars they give, but I'm just nit picking.

gigglesnirt
05-17-2004, 03:09 PM
ya the colours would be way better, im pissed off that some of my cars, are wut they are

slyguy
05-19-2004, 07:45 AM
if you ask me, I think they [the GT4 team] should just make a nationwide poll and ask the people who actually PLAY the sim mode, what they want in their game. I mean, That makes sense doesn't it?
:bananadie

psychobadboy
05-19-2004, 09:49 AM
you're implying that no one plays the sim mode?

slyguy
05-20-2004, 07:27 AM
you're implying that no one plays the sim mode?
well, no, but there are a lot of people who only like the arcade mode. I still don't get them.:banghead:

psychobadboy
05-20-2004, 11:25 AM
i suppose you're right...arcade mode is koo, but sim mode is where all the action takes place

Da_Bagel
05-24-2004, 02:59 AM
are they gonna actually have an online sim mode?

integra818
05-24-2004, 03:11 AM
I was reading an article about GT4, and the maker of GT4 said he wants to add a drift mode. I felt very suprised...and stupid. So I take back everything I said earlier in the thread, because there MIGHT be a drift mode.

Add your comment to this topic!