Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Roll over?

vette_7t9
05-13-2004, 09:53 PM
If I attempt stunt driving like pulling the e-brake and spinning 180s or crazy stuff like that is there a possibility of the tires locking traction during a slide and me rolling the car over? I am very concerned.

Jet-Lee
05-14-2004, 07:51 AM
lol...i didn't think a scort could roll over without the aid of a ramp of some sort...

bigrod118
05-14-2004, 02:46 PM
lets put it this way, its is highly unlikely, but yes, it is possible to roll any car, anything. simple physics, if enough force is applied to induce a rollover, a rollover will happen. but as long as your struts are horrible that you can almost tip it over just by pushing it side to side, and your doing like 80 and get side ways with those struts and springs, no you wont roll it. but you also have to consider that if its on sand or dirt, that the tires will dig in and force the slide to stop and the momentum can still induce a roll. but no, I had a deer run out on my on the freeway and at 75 miles an hour I got that thing completely sideways a couple times back and forth, it felt tippy, and I thought it was going to roll over, but it didnt, its pretty low to the ground, which helps. so it your that worries, upgrade your struts, get lowering springs and stay on pavement.

vette_7t9
05-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey, thanks for the advice guys. Anyways, I went out last nite and tried it out. Awesome I have to say. And I thought only expensive lots of power cars can do stuff like that. I spun like 180s and stuff like that, and then once I did it I forgot to release the Ebrake and almost did a 360... that one was quite scary because the front end was almost digging into the ground and the rear right tire was prolly lifting. But all else, it was awesome, scared the sh*t out of 2 of my frends because I did those runs out of complete randomness. I had attempted once to E-Brake slide my car, but failed because I pussy pulled it. In other words, I pulled the e-brake like a girl and got the result I deserved. This time, I yanked it with muscle and got the tires to lock and car to skid. Very very cool, you guys must try it sometime.

vette_7t9
05-14-2004, 08:08 PM
will using e brake to slide cause any internal damage? snap springs? harm brakes?

Add your comment to this topic!