Holy Tap Dancing Christ!

ZedEx
05-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Well Im a 300ZedX guy. Have a 1992 Non-Turbo. Love it! Love the VG. Rebuilt mine after the tensioner broke causing the engine to destroy the upper-end.

Anyways. I knew the J30's had the VG30 in them... I was under the false assumption they are FWD... What a surprise to me when I popped the hood on one at a friends! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!? I was so impressed. RWD! Im buying one as soon as I can get the money! (Soon, only a couple hundred away)

Here is what I have planned... Let's see what you guys think of this, and if it's plausible:

-1997 Maxima front end (i.e fenders, fascia, headlights... Does anyone know if this will fit? I may start a thread about it)
-R34 GTR wheels
-Intake system... CANNOT find one anywhere, help please
-300ZX stock exhaust muffler (I like the look... Haha)
-Z32 Twin Turbo MAF (Mass Air Flow meter... I have one on my Non-Turbo Z... Works awesome)
-300ZX NA VG30DE ECU/M... (correct me if I am wrong) I believe the stock J30 has 190hp due to its luxery statis, Infiniti was slapping an attempt at a quiter engine. The Z VG30DE ECU/M is set for 222hp. I have heard this works amazingly. 32hp bump up.

Now the rear... What can I say... EWWW. I hate the rear end, is there anything... A body styling kit I can add on to the hatch, and fenders to give it a little lift up body wise. I looks so... LUXERIOUS. I dont like it. Haha. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Is there any good website's for aftermarket parts on these things?

Irish1185
06-18-2004, 02:50 PM
good luck with the bodykit thing. ive been trying that route. as far as anything engine..its available because its a 300zx motor...give that a try. suspension wise, koni is about it. i found powerslot is about the only manufacturer for brakes.

Underground_Killah
07-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Well Im a 300ZedX guy. Have a 1992 Non-Turbo. Love it! Love the VG. Rebuilt mine after the tensioner broke causing the engine to destroy the upper-end.

Anyways. I knew the J30's had the VG30 in them... I was under the false assumption they are FWD... What a surprise to me when I popped the hood on one at a friends! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!? I was so impressed. RWD! Im buying one as soon as I can get the money! (Soon, only a couple hundred away)

Here is what I have planned... Let's see what you guys think of this, and if it's plausible:

-1997 Maxima front end (i.e fenders, fascia, headlights... Does anyone know if this will fit? I may start a thread about it)
-R34 GTR wheels
-Intake system... CANNOT find one anywhere, help please
-300ZX stock exhaust muffler (I like the look... Haha)
-Z32 Twin Turbo MAF (Mass Air Flow meter... I have one on my Non-Turbo Z... Works awesome)
-300ZX NA VG30DE ECU/M... (correct me if I am wrong) I believe the stock J30 has 190hp due to its luxery statis, Infiniti was slapping an attempt at a quiter engine. The Z VG30DE ECU/M is set for 222hp. I have heard this works amazingly. 32hp bump up.

Now the rear... What can I say... EWWW. I hate the rear end, is there anything... A body styling kit I can add on to the hatch, and fenders to give it a little lift up body wise. I looks so... LUXERIOUS. I dont like it. Haha. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Is there any good website's for aftermarket parts on these things?

Intake system is avaliable.. (cold air intake i assume is what you are suggesting...) check paypal and go to shops, type in infiniti j30 and you'll find it. The stock j30 has around 210 hp. I have a resister mod that boosts mine to 220-225. I actually like the rear end as long as it has the spoiler on it... the spoiler makes the rear end worth looking at.
I don't know about the front end... it would be cool to do that though... And the body kit is a rare find.. i have yet to find one, but the person who sold me it swears up and down there's one avaliable.

vishesh
09-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Sorry guys but I am n00b. Pity me.

Underground Killah: what is the resistor mod that boosted your HP to 225? Where can I get more info about it?

Samhain: what is a VG30 and why were you surprised that it is rear-wheel? doesn't the j30 use the same platform as the 300zx?

appleman10
09-10-2004, 12:33 AM
this is an interesting thread...please post some links to some of these engine mods...also I would love to see a modded j30 front end

mistaclean
09-13-2004, 07:48 PM
from what i have seen online forums of J30's there's only one
mod of J30 that is by this company which makes all the lux. car
mods. i forgot what it;s called, but i thinkg the initials were JP.
i'll update this post if i can find it

VQuick
09-13-2004, 08:23 PM
mistaclean, you're probably thinking of Junction Produce.

mistaclean
09-13-2004, 08:35 PM
oh yeah, it is junction produce
i just went to their website, but couldnt find the
J30 on their page. but i've seen the picture somewhere
on the web. if you reallly want to know, you can probably give
them a call or something

http://members8.tsukaeru.net/jferie/

its all in japanese, but on the left side menu, there's 'owners' gallery' and lick on the links for J30's in japan. J30 look good with their bumpers

appleman10
09-13-2004, 09:57 PM
some cool looking cars on that website, but its very hard to navigate....was cool to see a Nissan J30 with cloth seats though.

VQuick
09-14-2004, 08:00 AM
If you want to search for J30 stuff in Japan, it might help to search for the Nissan Leopard. Ignore the F31 Leopard, because that's basically the Infiniti M30.

Add your comment to this topic!