Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speakers not working!

95flG20
01-16-2002, 08:17 PM
ok guys heres the problem, i just got a JVC cd player and i got the wiring harness for it too, wired it up, hooked it up and guess what happens, no sound. the unit will play a cd and the radio and stuff all works, but still no sound if anyone can help me out with this little problem that would be cool thanks

Swonder67
01-16-2002, 08:33 PM
This happened to me when i did a P10. The "amp" power wire on the radio harness has to be crimped in with the power wire. The radio works, but no sound because the stock amps aren't turning on.

frogg
01-16-2002, 08:33 PM
Sounds to me like something is keeping the amp from turning on, therefor no sound. This might be related with the "remote turn-on" connection on the wiring harness. Make sure your wiring harness is connectly tightly to the factory female end.
Is this the only upgrade you have done to your audio system?

Edit: Dang Swonder you too fast for me :) I'm glad I was on the right track though

A380Driver
01-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Also a note on this too guys...

Becuase you are using the stock amps, and the amped output from the headunit, you are in reality amplifying the signal twice to the speakers. Its gonna be too much power and sound kinda crappy. You need to get an in-line dB reducer and run the wireharness from the headunit through that to the car wire harness.

Swonder67
01-17-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by A380Driver
Also a note on this too guys...

Becuase you are using the stock amps, and the amped output from the headunit, you are in reality amplifying the signal twice to the speakers. Its gonna be too much power and sound kinda crappy. You need to get an in-line dB reducer and run the wireharness from the headunit through that to the car wire harness.

Well, I thought the same thing, But I just did it to see what it sounded like, and it didn't sound too bad.

95flG20
01-17-2002, 12:23 PM
swonder> you wanna explain that with a little more detail on what i must do, i wanna get this done asap thanks

Swonder67
01-17-2002, 01:09 PM
I PMed you.

Add your comment to this topic!