Seat belt is jammed in...

micmac80
05-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Have you ever heard about a seat belt getting jammed in? I can’t pull it any more. What happened? Please help me out…

P.S. my car is an 97’ Jeta GLS…

(_(_) Now for sale (_(_) haha :screwy:

Tank's

miro1118
05-14-2004, 11:06 AM
this happened to my left rear seatbelt (96 GLS). I ended up yanking it from the car. I am waiting for a guy on e-bay who was parting out to send me a one. The mechanism appeared to be sealed. If its the rear the mechanism bolts in in the trunk below the rear deck. There is also a bolt under thr rear seat trim. and a bolt with a spacer in the rear pillar. you just need to slide the trim up to get at this one. Don't drop the spacer into the pillar. If u are selling this may be a sticking point I am fixing mine because I have 3 kids and need all of the positions to work.

miro1118
05-15-2004, 10:02 AM
I just got the replacement seatbelt and same thing. I have not installed it yet, but I can get the belt to pull out . How do you get these things to release? :banghead: If you pull release, pull release, pull release, kind of like jerk it you will get it retracted about a half inch at a time. That could take like an hour. There has to be a way to release this syupid thing so that it just releases and the belt can pull out freely. Sombody help PLEASE?

SM 46
05-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Make sure you are holding your replacement seat belt in the same orientation as it would be installed when you "test" it out of the car. Seat belts have an inertia sensing mechanism that locks under heavy deceleration. Since this mechanism relies on gravity, you need to hold the belt "upright" when it is not installed in order for it to release.

brian351w
06-24-2004, 08:16 PM
my 95 rt rr set belt had a twist in it that was jambed in the slot where it goes into the column i had to take it apart in the trunk and the colum and untwist it to get it free put it back together works fine

miro1118
06-25-2004, 07:51 AM
Once I installed the belt it worked fine.

Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!