Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sun visors worn out?

rogerall
05-13-2004, 09:49 AM
The sun visors on both the passenger and drivers sides are drooping and do not stay where they are placed any more (86k on Vehicle). The dealer wants about $200 per visor to fix...that may be a complete replacement? $400 is a lot to spend to fix 2 sun-visors.....Anyone got 2 used ones for sale or know how to fix or buy them or a kit wholesale etc.???

92gsr200k
08-23-2004, 11:35 PM
What year is your car and how did you wear down a visor? Do you drive in direct sun everyday that you fold it up and down every day? I have a 99 and the thing is still tight as anything, but I only have 67K on it.

I don't think there's a fix for it if it's sagging down and actually blocking your view. I guess you could try velcro or something to velcro it to the ceiling cloth, but that would look way ugly.

Also, the driver's side visor has the homelink system on it, so if you remove it, you'll have to get a factory replacement or you lose that feature.

$200 is steep for sure, but don't see any aftermarket product to replace that. I've seen extensions to visor, but not replacements.

Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!