Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

H22a not holding boost...

CivicSpoon
05-12-2004, 11:06 PM
My buddy has an h22a with a t25 turbo and stock Evo 8 intercooler in his 95 civic 4dr. He took it and got it tuned with AEM EMS. They tuned it to 16 psi, but he turned down the boost to 14 just to be a little more safe. But then the problems started; at first it just started idling horribly and stalled out all the time but got fixed messing with the TPS in the EMS settings. And now it's in the negative psi range in first gear, max of 8 psi in 2nd, and 10 psi in 3rd on up. Today pressure tested the pipes to see if there was a leak with soapy water; one of the pipes was leaking but was fixed, but the problem wasn't. All vacume lines connected, turbo had no shaft play. The only thing he could think of was the valves maybe being burnt. A couple of us were thinking maybe too big of an intercooler for such a small turbo. This thing should be rippin' like crazy; he took me for a ride in it when it was at 14psi and it put me right back against the seat. Now this thing is slower than before the turbo was added; no joke. Any thoughts, opinions, or questions are really appreciated.

Tranzlogic
05-13-2004, 11:37 AM
well the ems is very particular, and if it was set up for the 14psi and then boost was turned down..than it is completely out of whack..take it to where you got it tuned and have it retuned for whatever boost levels he wants and KEEP them there..thast the only advice i can give you, cause it sounds like an ecu problom to me since you went and messed with the hardware tune and not fully adjusting maps on the software tune

CivicSpoon
05-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Damn never even thought of that. My buddy had to haul it 5 hours away and thru 3 states to get it tuned (NY to Virginia) so he's not going to be happy. I'll let him know; think he was going to call the guy who tuned it today and ask him about everything. Thank you very much I appreciate the input.

Tranzlogic
05-13-2004, 01:44 PM
no problom..sometimes the best answers are the easiest ones that you fail to realize because of the fact ....just for kicks im in Va which shop did ya choose ?

CivicSpoon
05-13-2004, 02:12 PM
I called my buddy at work and he says that he changed the boost controller back to 16psi but it still runs the same. I have a bad feeling he might have played with his maps and saved something that shouldn't have been messed with; but I really don't know. But he took it to AR Fabrication; he saw that they worked on an S2000 in some recent magazine and his buddy has his drag car worked on by them (if i'm not mistaken he's apart of their race team).

Tranzlogic
05-13-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah there up in northern Va if im notmisten..im in central va ( richmond ) yeah i think thats a safe bet bro, he needs that EMS gone back thru ..that sucks, but hopefully he learned a lesson...good luck for you guys

CivicSpoon
05-14-2004, 12:44 AM
Well he found the problem... apparently the pressure in the block pushed out the injectors and the fuel rail and the seals were damaged. He says it's running fine now. He's going to the track for the first time Sunday, can't wait to see what he does in the ¼ mile (if he doesn't screw with it).

Tranzlogic
05-14-2004, 01:13 PM
yeah i hear that, let me know how it runs

Add your comment to this topic!