Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turbo manifold

norman540
05-12-2004, 01:28 PM
My son has a '00 Chevy Cavelier and has upgraded the exhaust and cold air intake but is looking for more. He's searching turbo options and is considering the following companies option. They are claiming it will have 6psi boost so no modifications to internals or fuel delivery systems.
I guess I don't know enought about this stuff to know if this is a good option, but mabe know enough to be a little leary.

Any help or opinions are appreciated.

"Our "Base" 2200 turbo kit does not include an intercooler. That is how we keep the price down to $2195. This new "Entry Level" kit will differ in the fact that I am going to build a turbo MANIFOLD ( like the Z-24 kits use ) instead of the long tube turbo HEADER that we are using on the Base 2200 kit. Then, we will use an Internal waistgate instead of an external waistgate."

Tomeek
05-13-2004, 02:44 AM
well if you build a mainfold then just buy a turbo, and a internal wastegat @ 7 psi, you better get the intercooler... just get a sidemount from any turbo car, and do the pipeing in your own, + get a cheap (in price blow off valve) i think you can safe yourself some money with building your own kit.

is the z 24 engine the same then the cavalier??? i thought the cavalier is now powered by toyota... :D ???

Add your comment to this topic!