Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

replacing oxogen sensors

daveid
05-11-2004, 10:33 PM
I am fairly new to working on cars but my g/f's aspire has had me in to have to learn everything.lol...But i have to say with 122,000 its running good.But neways the gas mileage is poor and i know someone said about recplacing the oxogen sensors but i was just wondering if ne one could tell me how to do that.Every problem that this car has had i have done it myself cuz its a simple little car and i enjoy doing it so i dont really want to have to take it in.If any one could help me id appreciate it.

Thanx,
new guy
daveid

swimbeast03
08-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Is it the down stream, or upstream sensor. I just replaced the downstream sensor in my Aspire. It just screws into the exaust pipe right behind the Cat, then the wires just plug in. Took me like 10 min. I think the upstream sensor is the same, this one is before the cat.

nose-gobblin
10-13-2004, 07:36 PM
these are simple but hard...? there is two one jsut after the exhaust manifold and one just before the CAT, you have to buy a special socket to do these becuase of the wire that is in the way, and they will be hard to turn if someone put anti-sieze in there, it makes it stick slightly but not sieze, and member if u got bas gas mileage its more liekly fuel filter and plugs, wires. cap and rotor, basic tuneup.

Add your comment to this topic!