Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

taking a break from imports

sweetwhiteCAV
05-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Well, im out of school for the summer and have a couple weeks before i start work, and ive already finished all of my half done projects, except for my RX7 (broken Windsheild) So i set out to find a unique kit, something different, and american. And low and behold I was stopped at my local Big Lots to pick up some potting soil for my mom, when I saw these...

http://www.fe.psu.edu/~rjp251/rig1.jpg
http://www.fe.psu.edu/~rjp251/rig2.jpg

So it looks like I've found something different. So, has anyone ever built one of these AMT rigs?

SonyMobile
05-11-2004, 05:25 PM
I built one several years ago, it was my first model I ever built. The big Rig kits are all very nicely made, not exactly tonnes of detail, but there is still some there.

Do you have any plans for it? modifications would be cool! Custom paintjob and 22's has my vote :grinno:

sweetwhiteCAV
05-11-2004, 08:21 PM
yeah, its seems pretty nice compared to the last couple AMT kits ive bought, this one seems pretty good.
And actually, my Dad owns/runs a deisel garage and Im thinking about giving it to him.. but i might give it a custom paint job, im thinking candy red over gold base...

Vric
05-11-2004, 08:38 PM
my dad have 2 truck to make of that era.. he already made few many years ago

there is a lot of part in those kit, good value, but I have truck :D

Blazing Rice
05-11-2004, 10:12 PM
The Revell Pete 359 is better, but it's hella expensive. Usually go for $50 plus on Ebay. But good for me, I have 2 of them. AMT truck kits aren't too bad, but I like the Revell Germany ones better. :smile:

supermod04
05-11-2004, 10:29 PM
does this kit have a motor in it also! would be wicked to add a twin turbo in it!

willimo
05-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Actually supermod04, though I can't speak for that particular truck, most rigs are already turbocharged diesels.

sweetwhiteCAV
05-12-2004, 10:52 AM
yes it has a motor, and it comes with a nice turbo and some nice air bags that im considering casting in resin... although the turbo is a little big for most street car applications, but i might play around with it...

Add your comment to this topic!