Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Montana rattle

2001_Montana
05-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Also.. have an annoying rattle coming from underneath the vehicle on the drivers side underneath where the passenger sits behind the driver. Crawled up under there and saw several lines (fuel? A/C? not sure) like 4 of them or so attached to some cheap plastic clips that were attached to the frame. The clips had come undone from the frame so I pushed them back in and still get this rattle. Any ideas on how to eliminate the rattle? Two of the "tubes" are rather warm when the vehicle has been running, so I'm not sure what the lead to. I was thinking just putting some kind of insulators at various points (like the kind you use to fit around copper piping) - but thought maybe some of you mechanics (or others) out there might have a better idea.

Thanks again...

Ted

DamienZ28
06-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Your 2 warm lines are the rear heater lines thats normall thats just warm coolant in them. The others are brake and fuel lines. I had this problem also had to crawl under it and get alittle creative zip ties and the original brakets. The noise is gone now. Did you check to see if any of those lines are acually moving around? It could be something totaly differn't just to be for warned...

2001_Montana
06-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks! I'd be interested in your solution - they are definately loose... I "snapped" the little plastic brackets back in, but I'm sure they just popped right back out... what did you? And yes, I'm quite sure it's those lines - when I move them by hand, I even get the rattle I hear when I'm driving.

Thanks! - Ted

Add your comment to this topic!