Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

steering problems help me pls

skylinetofast
05-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Well here I go agian. I have a gtr r32. with a few mods. Right now I really can't see what she can do unless I get the steering problem fixed. Intermitenly the steering evergoes out or gets stuck. It seems to hesitate when I turn the wheel. I will turn the wheel and it will take a second to respond or sometimes times is feels a little heavy. I have not touched the HICAS at all. I tried to do a qtr mile the other day and the steering took it upon it self to jump to left. I really want to race, but in the condition my car is in I don't want to wreck my car or others.

RazorGTR
05-11-2004, 02:59 PM
You definetly have a HICAS problem there is NO doubt about. If the steering goes heavy and the car seems to move around by itself. Are you getting a HICAS light on as you should.

Check the power steering fluid and make sure it is full. If that is ok then check the HICAS computer in the trunk/boot. Make sure it is plugged in properly and not a lose connection.

Barring that make sure the powersteering belt is tight and not slipping as that will cause a simular problem but not to the extent you are describing.

Add your comment to this topic!