Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help w/ Mobile Video

Hypnotized Mind
05-11-2004, 11:19 AM
I just wanted to know if anyone could help me out, I have a few questions I'd like to know before I invest in a flipdown monitor for my 96 Blazer.

1.) What all else would need to be bought besides the monitor & wire?
2.) Can it be ran off of a PS2 and not a DVD player?
3.) How much is involved in the mounting and wire process?
4.) Would I need a seperate amp. or batt. to power the monitor?

Any other useful information would be great if anyone can help me out.

Thanks,
Hypnotized Mind :screwy:

4ss4s1n
05-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Lemme try to help here.

Answer to num. 1
If you want to view movies.You will have to of course buy a dvd player.Some come with it included in the package.If you just buy the monitor and wire,you will get power,but of course,no signal to anything.

Yes it can be ran off a ps2 instead of a dvd player.The wonderful thing about the ps2 is,it IS a dvd player.(Handy eh?).Usually the connections are behind the screen.(A/V or colored cables,red white yellow)

3.Not really sure about this.I had mine installled by pro's.Sorry.

No,not if you dont want to.Most people just directly connect the monitor to the battery.

SickVette
05-11-2004, 10:25 PM
1. you will need some way to get the sound into the stereo system. Either with a source unit that an aux input, a preamp with an aux input, or a FM modulator.
2. yes you can use a PS2 or anything that has video out. With a PS2 you will need a power inverter to power up the PS2 though. No biggie they are easy to get and install. You can catch power for the monitor behind the radio. They draw very little current.
3. Mounting depends alot on the monitor you have chosen. But it is not a problem either. You will need to access the area between the roof and the headliner. You can do this by dropping one side of the headliner and checking things out. There are cross members up there and you can mount to one of them or you can silicone a piece of MDF to the roof and screw to that. Make sure your screws are short so you do not pierce the roof.
4. no need for a second battery or amp.

Add your comment to this topic!