What does the fuel filter look like???

shonandcrystal
05-11-2004, 09:32 AM
I am trying to locate my fuel filter, but it does not have the fuel filter shape I am used to seeing. I was wondering if it is the big black box looking job? If anyone could help me that would be great. Thanks

KJRich
05-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Should be round and silver, sort of like a miniature beer keg.

mafioso10314
05-12-2004, 12:14 PM
your fuel filter is located on the back of the car under the car befor your gas tank and it looks really small

-Jayson-
05-12-2004, 01:51 PM
i thought after a certain model they started putting the fuel pumps inside the gas tank?

KJRich
05-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Fuel pump IS in the tank. Filter is outside of the tank. But you are right, on certain vehicles, the filter is also in the tank with the pump, or as part of the pump. My '97 Dodge Ram was that way, no external replaceable fuel filter.

mafioso10314
05-13-2004, 10:32 AM
My Fuel Filter On My Cavalier Is Not Inside The Tank. Its Next To The Tank. between my two back tires and it looks like a mini soda can with a tube on each end. but im confused some of you are talking about the pump and im talking about the filter. 90% of cars have the pump in the gas tank and the filter somewhere under the hood but cavalier is under the car next to the gas tank.

KJRich
05-14-2004, 09:20 AM
My Fuel Filter On My Cavalier Is Not Inside The Tank. Its Next To The Tank. between my two back tires and it looks like a mini soda can with a tube on each end. but im confused some of you are talking about the pump and im talking about the filter. .
I know. I was just responding to Jayson's post about the filter being in the tank. Like you said, not on Cavaliers.

Add your comment to this topic!