Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Header Brands

SenseiAccord
05-11-2004, 03:44 AM
I was gonna buy a header for my car but i dont know what is good or not. I was thinking of OBX, Ractive, Chikara, Pacesetter and Matrix but not sure which one is good or not. I kno everyone is gonna say DC this and Airmass that but they are hella expensive. I just want something to losen up the exhaust flow a lil bit. I hear OBX is just a plain sh*tty brand for headers but some of their other things are good. I hear pacesetter is just a plain bad idea but dont know why and i heard nothing about matrix and chikara. I hear ractive is pretty good tho. help me out guys... thanx

Ace$nyper
05-11-2004, 09:09 AM
DC=teh suck
Chirka =OK i used one for a bit on my D15
Ractive= ass
Pacesetter=Shit
Matrix= eww
Airmass= so so
Apexi=good
Comptech=great
ITR *b motors only* = frickin sweet
Greddy/Trust =good
OBX= bad

Tranzlogic
05-11-2004, 11:06 AM
all that is junk bro, sorry to let you know.. if you want a good quality header then you need to go
ITR
Comptech
Greddy
for the money, I say go for the ITR, comptechs are great but cost a fortune..Greddy is also acceptable..the rest of that junk is just good for looks, but why have something that looks and not perform when you can have something that looks good and performs !

Tranzlogic
05-11-2004, 11:12 AM
also a good rule of thumb, when it comes to stuff like this ie: a header , if a company doesnt offer detailed performance information and or dyno sheets then there is usually a reason ! which is why obx, chikara and that junk deosnt offer that kind of info

jcrx
05-11-2004, 11:38 AM
All the ones you listed are shit.

But just a bit of FYI for everyone that keeps saying the ITR header, the ITR header, it's only the 98+ JDM ITR header thats great, the others are simply 4-2-1 POS OEM headers.

Ricochet
05-11-2004, 12:54 PM
I had an OBX on my dx engine and it sounded horrible. I got rid of that and bought a Greddy header and couldn't believe the difference. Greddy = teh win.

SenseiAccord
05-12-2004, 02:14 AM
oh sh*t forgot to mention... I got a 90 accord EX so i cant use an ITR header. My car is very limited on headers. I dont think even greddy makes for my year... not sure tho. The best i heard for my car is DC and maybe ractive.

Mojoe
05-12-2004, 09:01 AM
No complaints about the Chikara on my b16a. Better flow, butt ugly after a couple months, and cheap...could care less about the looks its a work car.

Tranzlogic
05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
DC headers are great for show..but show alone ! and ractive is pretty much junk..i mean they sell ractive at circut city in the audio section lol..theres a sign right there.. what engine do you have in your accord ? , im sure we can find you a header that you like that is a quality application

SenseiAccord
05-12-2004, 01:30 PM
i have the f22a4 (90 ex accord).

which kind of chikara is better? the standard or the tork-step? Is it the same other than the color of the header?

jcrx
05-12-2004, 02:18 PM
"Tork" stepped, at least according to them, and Landspeed.

Ace$nyper
05-12-2004, 02:48 PM
All the ones you listed are shit.

But just a bit of FYI for everyone that keeps saying the ITR header, the ITR header, it's only the 98+ JDM ITR header thats great, the others are simply 4-2-1 POS OEM headers.
oppps got me there probbly should add that one i guess most ppl dont know that i should say that.

and the Chirka ones arn't too bad tork step is nicer one it helped a wee bit i soaked mine in 1500F paint looks great to this day.

SenseiAccord
05-12-2004, 08:30 PM
so is the standard chikara one just as good as the tork stepped? if not then is the standard one any good overall?

Mojoe
05-13-2004, 07:12 AM
I believe the tork has larger diameter primaries, what the hell its a $60 diff...splurge man

Here's one guy's take on headers: http://www.hadamotorsport.com/tech/review/dsemc/

Add your comment to this topic!