2000 cavalier stalling,driving me crazy

nicolai
05-10-2004, 06:38 PM
I have a 2000 cavalier with a 2.2 in it. It keeps stalling whenever i stop at red lights and sometimes when i put it into reverse. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter, oil, and spark plugs. I have also added fuel injector cleaner ( gummout ) to the tank twice.the car is not overheating or low on gas. It is not due to weather conditions.(does it in rain or shine, hot or cold). It has roughly 38,000 miles on it. I can also feel it hesitating (chugging) once in a while while driving.I have been puttting high octane in it lately with no change. After it stalls it will start right back up, only once or twice did it take me a few tries to get it to start. it does seem like it is not idling very well or slow.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I hope i gave enough information for someone to give me a good guess what is going on here.
Nicolai

KATAZ
05-10-2004, 08:06 PM
it Could Be That You Have A Bad Fuel Injector, Or It Might Just Be That You Need To Get Your Fuel Injectors Cleaned, Another Thing That It Could Be Is That The Fuel Pump Is Going Bad, Also Check The Tiniest Thing, Make Sure All The Vacuum Hoses Are Connected Right And No Air Is Getting In, These Are Just Some Suggestions To Help You Out,peace

nicolai
05-10-2004, 08:41 PM
is there a way for me to check the fuel injectors and pump to see if either is bad?

KATAZ
05-11-2004, 12:31 AM
they Have To Use A Pressure Tester To Check How Much Fuel Pressure You Have, If The Pressure Is Below Normal Something Is Wrong, Maybe A Ripped Fuel Line/hose Or Maybe Something Else, There Really Isnt A Way You Can Check Them Out Yourself Unless You Take It To A Mechanic And Let Him Inspect It, I Hope This Has Been Helpful, Peace

CrashH60
07-13-2004, 08:46 PM
You also want to check your air induction. If it has a leak and the mass air sensor (asuming your model has one, I'm not sure) doesn't detect correct airflow, the engine will labor briefly and then stall. My '02 truck intake hose came loose and it did the same thing. The MAS could be malfunctioning too. Either of these will cause the computer to alter the fuel flow and cause this problem.

Al

Add your comment to this topic!