Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Countach

BBD
05-09-2001, 08:33 PM
I can not belive no one has posted in this place before me ,, :(

anyways their is no car designd like it nor feels like it.. to me this is a better ride than teh Diablo, its gears are in the right place (unlike diablo really high) and U can actuly drive it more reliable anyways here are a few nice pictures of it

BBD
05-09-2001, 08:34 PM
q

BBD
05-09-2001, 08:34 PM
a

SolReaver
05-09-2001, 08:35 PM
It look like the Diablo. What are the diff. between it and the Diablo besides the high gearing

lambocars
07-18-2001, 01:44 AM
The Countach was a car designed during the Seventies, it was upgraded several times over the production but still remained an 'old' car at the end of the eighties.
The Diablo was designed to use 17 inch wheels and larger disc brakes, therefore it should have better handling than the Countach, but it doesn't, if you want a pure race car for the road, and you can fit into it, take a QuattroValvole Countach, note that you won't fit into it if you're over 1m80.

Take a look at this tuned Countach :

scumbag
07-25-2001, 01:19 PM
That's a great story about how tire size was a big issue in the Countach development. Didn't I read that the original tire size was a 14" rim?

When the P7 came along the added wheel flares were needed which started the changing of the clean Countach body style.

I had on ly seen the Countach with the rear wing and thought that it just came with the package...and it, the wing, does add to the style of the car. But after viewing many pictures in several books the original clean shape is looking better and better(same with the Diablo)

Scumbag

lambocars
07-25-2001, 01:44 PM
The original LP400 Countach did have 14 inch wheels with narrow Michelin tires, as you've mentioned, when the Pirelli P7's arrived they had to completely redesign the suspension geometry to keep the tire as horizontal as possible at all times.
And large wheel arch extensions needed to be added to cover them, note that these very wide wheels at the rear actually were only 15 inch high but a massive 12 inch wide.

The red car above used special 17 inch wheels, which were never officially available from the factory, but they look really awesome.

scumbag
07-25-2001, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by lambocars
The Countach was a car designed during the Seventies, it was upgraded several times over the production but still remained an 'old' car at the end of the eighties.
The Diablo was designed to use 17 inch wheels and larger disc brakes, therefore it should have better handling than the Countach, but it doesn't, if you want a pure race car for the road, and you can fit into it, take a QuattroValvole Countach, note that you won't fit into it if you're over 1m80.

Take a look at this tuned Countach :

I'm glad you pointed out the wheels on this car. I must have been blinded by the bright color of this car!

Scumbag

Lambo_BoY
07-27-2001, 02:47 AM
The part about any one over 180 could not get into a Countach is not in fact true, we use to have a black Countach 25th Annervisary, i was very young. but my dad is over 180 and it fits very nicly.

and whats that about the gear on Diablo is too tall??? it is designed that your whole arm is rest comfortably to hold the gear. besides the air con out will directly blow to your hand, good for winter and great for summer.

scumbag
07-27-2001, 12:11 PM
I think the 'tall gear' may be refering to the gear ratios not being useful.......how ever the comment about about driving a Diablo in snow is attention getting. I would like to see a test report o the snow handling of a Diablo. In fact I would like to conduct this test right heare in Central Indiana where winters get cold, a few snow storms are not uncommon and it is fairly flat so none of those pesky hills/mountains to worry about.

.............Scumbag

gang$tarr
07-27-2001, 11:47 PM
hey lambo boy how old are you? like 10, 12 somethin? We're talkin about the gear ratios

Lambo_BoY
07-28-2001, 02:35 AM
Sorry Dudes..... Misunderstanding!!

scumbag
07-31-2001, 10:24 AM
I have read some talk about how the Countach looks dated or the Diablo is so much better looking or the performance is not there.
I think this kind of talk is a bunch of crap. If you show anybody that has not seen these cars and ask which one they would like to look at/ drive first I am willing to bet all my Ferraris this person would choose the Countach first!
This design was way ahead of it's time and still has not been topped for outlandish style. There may be technical limitations but for this defines Lamborghini.

Of couse there is that 'Jeff Gordon' multicolor Diablo that some would prefer...but that seems like a personal problem.

Scumbag

gang$tarr
08-01-2001, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by scumbag
I am willing to bet all my Ferraris this person would choose the Countach first!
Scumbag

you have Ferraris yeeeeeaah riiighhhtt....... show us a pic, then i'll believe you

scumbag
08-09-2001, 12:35 PM
I might have been a little carried away with my ranting but I might have some pictures of my dream garage Ferrari .....
Actually I have been getting several Lamborghini posters framed....that me is as close as I can get to owning a Lamborghini. One of the posters is 'Desert Storm Express' Countach which is a strange sight to a Countach in camo..!
......................Scumbag

gang$tarr
08-15-2001, 06:12 PM
that's cool

blatch
09-01-2001, 05:13 PM
lol. that was nice

VeilsideVR4
11-10-2001, 11:17 AM
I WILL own one!!!!:evillaugh

nsx1164
12-06-2001, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by scumbag
...This design was way ahead of it's time and still has not been topped for outlandish style. There may be technical limitations but for this defines Lamborghini.

This is true... I was with several Italian exotics at a show last month, and its amazing what sort of attention the Countach commands, even amongst more modern cars (Diablo, Ferrari 360, etc)

The Countach still exemplifies the phrase "outrageous exotic" better than anything out there, and I think it will be awhile till that changes

gang$tarr
12-07-2001, 05:08 PM
i remember seeing a movie with a Lamborghini Countach in it when i was like 5 years old... i dunno exactly when, like 1990. There was this guy with a red lamborghini countach, and i remember some guy trying to ruin it for the some race, but he ruined somebody elses by accident. That's all i remember....... does anybody know what i'm talkin about?? I'd wanna see that again now if i knew what it was. A movie featuring a red lamborghini countach?? just like in that picture you posted above

I remember after seeing that movie the Lamborghini Countach was my favorite car, for a reeeeaaaallllly long time

Morph
02-19-2002, 04:13 AM
Cannonball Run is the only movie I know that features a Countach for the duration, sweet film though :)

Add your comment to this topic!