Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

should I get these integra parts?

marshall matthers
05-10-2004, 11:02 AM
http://www.infinitivedesigns.com/shopexd.son?id=5275
it the whole JDM conversion made out of carbon fiber!

I saw them sell the metal version for 3.5k, and the carbon fiber for less? I don't know allot about cars, but isn't carbon fiber the same material in teh maclaren meaning it stronger and lighter than metal? anyone think there's a catch wiht this?

scallywag
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
It would definetly make your car a lot lighter, but it looks lame. I would say get metal, and if you still want some weight reduction just get a cf hood, to go with it. that would look alot better cuz the door pannels will match the fenders, etc.

TSRyder6
05-10-2004, 12:38 PM
check out the thread that i made in the "Integra" section...i asked which way to go: metal or fiber glass, and EVERYONE said Metal! Hope that helps!

TSRyder6
05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
o wait this is the "Integra" section :banghead:

95TegSE
05-10-2004, 11:19 PM
If you're getting it for weight reduction reasons, carbon fiber can be painted.

marshall matthers
05-10-2004, 11:49 PM
you serious? I thought carbon fiber can't be painted. Thats good news for me.

scallywag
05-10-2004, 11:50 PM
If you're getting it for weight reduction reasons, carbon fiber can be painted.

Actually that is something I was wondering about. I have herd that cf doesn't take paint well. I have herd that it peels, and chips away really easy, and does'nt tend to match well when painted. Is any of that true, I was wondering. If the front end can be painted and the paint will last, I would say get the carbon fiber kit, becasue that will lighten your crap up alot. but if what I here is true, then get metal.

aznboi4lyfe
05-10-2004, 11:59 PM
lol yea that wud b kool but think aobut it...1 crash..ur whole front end wud literally crush in

chris26969
05-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Lame. Carbon fiber, imagine dinging carbon fiber fenders up.. ughh.

kicker1_solo
05-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Actually that is something I was wondering about. I have herd that cf doesn't take paint well. I have herd that it peels, and chips away really easy, and does'nt tend to match well when painted. Is any of that true, I was wondering. If the front end can be painted and the paint will last, I would say get the carbon fiber kit, becasue that will lighten your crap up alot. but if what I here is true, then get metal.
It's all in the prep, if you find somebody that actually knows what they are doing and can prep it correctly then it will be fine.

I'm soon getting a CF hood, fenders, and hatch, not going to paint them either. :) I say go for it...

Add your comment to this topic!