Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do you remove 03 Taco Db Cab Corner Lenses

jidsp
05-10-2004, 09:48 AM
I just got a pair of clear corner lenses 4 my 03 taco and i want to replace the stock orange ones. But when i poped the hood i see only 1 screw on top holding the lense in place, and when i removed that screw the lense still wouldn't move. So is there another screw somewhere? Please help me out, Thanks.

Snobrdrblinkchik
05-12-2004, 01:21 AM
there's no other screws...but there's two prongs/clip thingies....just wiggle it and it'll come out...it's hard the first time...

dfskinner
05-13-2004, 04:42 PM
"It's hard the first time" that's what she said, just kidding, he's right, but be careful and don't break the clip, if you break the clip, you'll have to purchase a new headlight assembly. Try and grip it on top and on bottom, and pull straight out from the truck. Good Luck

TacomaPilot
05-18-2004, 09:10 PM
I too ran into the same problem awhile ago. Take a look at this thread to see what I did: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=161034

Hopefully that will help. If you do break a clip, don't worry, I can give you directions on how to fix it. The new corner lenses I got each had a clip broken on them and I was able to fix them. I haven't tested the fix on removing them however...

taconacho
05-18-2004, 10:40 PM
you got to remove the whole from grill, but yeah be careful when pulling out the clips, it shouldnt be a problem. it'll only take about 20 mins. to install both lenses.

TRD-TOYZ
07-18-2004, 11:55 PM
I removed my corner lights when I installed a new grille. It was a little tight but I removed my lights by slowing pulling the bottom out first. But again, don't know if all trucks will comes out the same. Be careful.

Add your comment to this topic!