Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to add shock sensors to a honda factory alarm!!!

armatis
05-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone, I found a pretty simple way to add a shock sensor to a honda factory alarm. I've got a 98 EX coupe, and this should work with any other hondas that have a factory keyless entry or an alarm w/o a shock sensor. So- all that I did was went down to a local stereo shop, and bought an add on shock sensor (DEI I think). There are 4 wires coming out of this thing- a ground, a positive 12V lead, and two wires that ground when vibration occurs. I took the hot wire and patched it into the trunk light (it needs to be a wire that is always live), and bolted the ground to the body. Next, I took *both* the trip wires and spliced them with the wire that goes to the button that pops out when you open the door (you need to do both, because one will trip when a light vibration occurs, the other with a harder one). This tricks the alarm into thinking the door is being opened whenever the shock sensor goes off. I then taped the sensor to the body (anywhere touching the frame will do, as long as it doesn't touch anything else, which might dampen the vibration).

It isn't as sensitive as most other car alarms, and it goes straight to alarm mode (no warning beeps), but I only spent $20 when every single place I went to said I would need a whole new alarm.

Hope this helps you guys!!!
Take care,
Dr. Armatis

Add your comment to this topic!