Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

H.I.R vs. H.I.D

According2Me
01-15-2002, 10:01 PM
I havent seen any 2001 Vipers lately (come with HIRs) so i wanted to know if the HIRs (halogen infrared reflectors) are as bright or even brighter than the HIDs? Also do you have to buy a HIR "kit" or is it just the bulbs??

EliteAccordPH
01-16-2002, 10:58 AM
HIR? HID is currently the brightest headlight out. HIR to my best educated guess it a regular halogen lamp but designed so it focuses the light better so its brighter. :) But not sure.:confused:

According2Me
01-16-2002, 04:16 PM
Hey Elite Thanks.I found out that they are just bulbs no Ballast. But i also saw the following by some guys having discussion.

Here's a link to a page that has them HERE (http://www.nissei-polarg.co.jp/polarg/b1racing.html)

They look like HID bulbs but with a filament in them. If anyone has seen these lights on the street can u tell me how they look?

"Does HIR really mean Halogen Infrared Reflection? Sounds pretty wierd to me. Infrared light arent visible for humans, so why have it in a car? To help certain animals to cross in front of your new car!?? Or am I on the wrong field again" - Guy #1 :D

"Yes, it really means that. Infrared light is the portion of the spectrum that carries (produces, whatever) heat. Somebody at General Electric figured out that if you trap the radiated heat from a glowing filament, and reflected it back to the source, the result would be a filament that glowed more brightly (i.e., more Lumens) for a given wattage consumption. The HIRs in the 2000+ Dodge Viper high beams produce 2500 Lumens each at 65 Watts. In other words, they're brighter than HID Ultinons, without any high voltage problem/danger." -Guy #2 :D

According2Me
01-20-2002, 12:50 PM
^^ does anyone have more info on those HIRs??

EliteAccordPH
01-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by According2Me
^^ does anyone have more info on those HIRs??

Here is all you need to know about the 6000K HID and how it compares with 4200 K HID and halogen.
http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81864&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Whtehnda93DXSdn
01-22-2002, 01:47 PM
thanks for the info and links....HID is a good choice...:frog:

99AccordCoupe
01-22-2002, 04:20 PM
Who sells these H.I.R. bulbs and where can I get some more info. on them? Also, anyone have these installed? How do they perform?

EliteAccordPH
01-22-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by 99AccordCoupe
Who sells these H.I.R. bulbs and where can I get some more info. on them? Also, anyone have these installed? How do they perform?

HID are brighter then H.I.R bulbs. They don't have HIR bulbs available. So I don't know.

Chris Mao
01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
thanks for the info and links....HID is a good choice...:frog:
:) :) :) We are very glad to see your message!
We’d like to tell something about us, As a prefessional and reliable HID manufacturer with reputation In China, We had taken up large market share depending on high quality , good after-sales service and competitve price.Firstly , we had became a good partner with EPE , TC-Philips and GE and set a long-term cooperation plan. Secondly , many electonical componets are imported from Japan.To reach highest quality is our final goal all the time.

As for all products , they must not only passed ten tests ,like Salt mist test , matching ,drop , hign temperature, and anti-shock test., polarity protection test, 24hours six special old testing , connection circuit protection testm ,cold/warm boot test.And we provide 14 months warranty for all products which also passed fully inspection before shipment.You will find more advantages in price and quallity.And all products had got the international ISO9001-2000 quality system certification , European E-mark,ROHS , E13,TUV and CE approval.Let’s have our business from trial order.

Please let us have your email address and MSN, so that we can serve you better next . Should you have any questions ,please feel free to contact us. We will provide you required information by soonest.Thank you very much!

Yours Truly
Factory:Guangzhou FP Sci-Technology Co., Ltd.
Branch: Guangzhou Jent Trade Co.; Ltd.( with the right to export and import)
Thanks& Best Regards
Chris Mao

Add your comment to this topic!