Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

V-10 upgrades

sak1
05-08-2004, 02:56 PM
New to this forum, so please forgive me if I ask already hashed out questions. I went back in the arcives pretty far and didn't see too much regarding V-10's. I have a 97 Ram special ordered new, V-10 2 wheel drive. I'm looking for information regarding performance. After driving this truck stock for 179k miles with next to no repairs needed, I figure it's about time I get some more out of it. Any suggestions?

DeCon
05-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I would like to know also. Is there any way I could get mine to get 20mpg? Oh yeah, and do this pulling a 8000 lbs. camper?

sak1
05-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Decon,
That's easy, always go down hill.
I saw your reply to another post where you said you were unhappy with your Ram. Unfortunately, customer service is only as good as the dealer you have to work with. I guess I'm lucky, my dealer has some good guys working there.

DeCon
05-10-2004, 09:41 PM
It wasn't the dealer so much, more so Dodge itself. I don't know if you have ever called tech service but they are terrible. I think the people are 18 and know absolutly nothing about there job.
The dealers were pretty iffy also. I took my truck to 4 different dealers. They couldn't figure out what was wrong. The second to last dealer refered me to another dealer(not in the same family of dealerships) and said they would find it. They did fix it and went all out to make sure it was done correct.
It was a real pain and my truck sat in the last dealer for 3 months straight. No lie either. It didn't even see snow 2 winters ago.

Add your comment to this topic!