Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sound of a cell phone ringing under the dash?

Doug Rodrigues
05-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Okay, this is going to sound really strange. I bought my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer six weeks ago. Occasionally, the sound of a cell phone ringing only once will be heard from behind the dashboard, but possibly between the seats. Enough time has elapsed for a cell phone battery to be completely dead, but the problem continues. It doesn't matter if the engine is running, or if the radio is turned on or not? My wife and I are completely baffled. We've pulled the radio and hunted behind the dashboard. We've looked under the seats and the center consul. On most days there is no ring. Today, the cell phone ring sound occurred three times!? Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is? If the cell phone rang more than once we could track the problem to it's source, but one ring makes that impossible. Hey, maybe I've got a haunted truck?? :-)

Doug Rodrigues
05-16-2004, 01:54 AM
It happened again today! :banghead:

sonhasteg
09-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Does Mercury have anything equivalent to GM's On Star system? On Star owners have reported that their cars have been called via wrong #s.

Don't know if this is whay your problem is or not...just a guess.

Doug Rodrigues
10-02-2004, 04:25 AM
Don't have any idea about such a system for Ford products. However, that cell phone ringing sound hasn't occurred for a long, long time now. Maybe that battery finally went dead!

PattiD1157
08-06-2022, 01:04 PM
I have a 2009 Nissan Pathfinder that does the same thing. At first I thought it was because I left the key fob in the car. We that wasn't it. I noticed yesterday it randomly does it when I am not even near the car. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Add your comment to this topic!