Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cars suck..

Morissette23
05-07-2004, 07:06 AM
Well, i finallly got finised working on my tranny, i got the new exedy clutch kit in. Took me about a week, on and off due to rain. ( i have a rock driveway :rofl: ) Now that i have the new clutch in i was all excited to go out and break it in. I left if up in the air and i was going to turn it over to make sure the flywheel spun as well as the axle. Both moved, but a cloud of smoke came out of the right side of the engine :sly: So i shut it down and put my hand down there to touch a hot alternator, my alternator froze up :screwy: so i priced some new ones and its about $200 for a new one, i did get the old one out and i could get it to move finally after some beating with a hammer. j/k i got it moving around with a wrench so im gonna put it back in and start her up..

casperGSR
05-07-2004, 10:04 AM
personally I wouldn't put it back in... if it froze up once then it'll in all probability do it again, spend the 200 bucks for the rebuilt one... trust me you don't want it to seize up on you when you're on the road, granted the battery may last you to get you home provided you're not that far away, but if it doesn't you're up a creek.

RSX-S777
05-07-2004, 04:51 PM
personally I wouldn't put it back in... if it froze up once then it'll in all probability do it again, spend the 200 bucks for the rebuilt one... trust me you don't want it to seize up on you when you're on the road, granted the battery may last you to get you home provided you're not that far away, but if it doesn't you're up a creek.
:iagree:

Add your comment to this topic!