Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Intermittent wiper problem

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Gizmo42
04-01-2009, 11:50 PM
The 22111s only has a normally open contact and the 31000s has a normally open and a normally closed contact which apparently isnt used. They will both work the same.

Rodeo Intiminator
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Okay, I got the relays from Mouser and removed my Alarm board out of my truck. Mine is brown and it only had two relays to remove. I removed both the front and the rear relays and installed the two new NEC relays. Front wipers still works so at least I know that I didn't screw anything up but the rear wiper blades still wont park back at home after 3 or 4 swipes. It continues wiping for about a minute and then it stops wherever. So I am at a loss now. Any ideas????:eek7:

wb4lbg
09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
I tried this repair with the EQ1-22111S relay from Mouser. This looks like it might be a double sided circuit board. I think I might have messed up the top side traces on the board since the wipers don't work at all on intermittent now.

This is actually an improvement since when they were stopping part way up I had to time it just right to get them to park when shutting them off from high or low speed.

I am considering buying a replacement board from St. Charles but I think I have read something about having to 'program' the new board to match the truck. Anybody have any problem replacing this board?

I can understand where the other board (under this one) might need to be programmed since it is the receiver for the remotes and probably has something to do with the anti-theft functions. But the wiper board only seems to control the wipers and the door open/keys in/headlights on buzzer. Can't see where this would have to be programmed.

Anyway, I was hoping someone who has already been here can advise before I drop $200 on this part.

Rodeo Intiminator
09-25-2009, 04:26 PM
As far as the reprogramming if you replace your board, when I contacted Isuzu about that because the replacement of the chips didn't work, he told me that there was no reprogramming if you order the one that is specifically for your particular rodeo. It is imperative that you give them the correct numbers off of the box so they can get you the right part.

wb4lbg
09-25-2009, 04:51 PM
So, Rodeo Intiminator,

You replaced your whole board with the exact one for your truck? How'd that work out for you?

Rodeo Intiminator
09-25-2009, 05:11 PM
I haven't done it yet. Just priced them from Isuzu and asked them about the programming issue and that's what the technician told me. Your actually getting the whole box, not just the curcuit board. They need the number off of the box, plus the VIN off of your Rodeo to match it up with the correct part. Probably get it next week when I get paid.

Chaos Circuit
10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
this circuit board also controls the U/S light does anyone know wihich relay control it or another way to disable the Up Shift light

1999 Rodeo 2.2L 4 cylinder S model

golfmobile
03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I too have this problem, and due to what I read here, I got the relay from Mouser for the $5.10 price. But now, unfortunately, we can't get the screws that are holding the box in place loose, so we can't remove the box to replace the relay. We are in the Atlanta area. Is anyone who has replaced the relay in this general area who could help me? I'm female, so this kind of car repair is not in my skill set and I've never soldered a thing in my life. I'm more a computer geek. I would be willing to drive a reasonable distance and meet with someone who could replace my relay for me. I would pay a reasonable amount for labor (hopefully less than the dealership would charge me!). However, my spouse attempted to do the repair but couldn't unscrew the screws. Is there a hint or tip I can provide to him so he could do this? I think he could do it, IF he could get the box removed (though he probably isn't thrilled with the idea of executing this particularly difficult repair . . . . ). So if anyone can help with advice or labor, please let me know (can you send a PM?).

Thanks.

golfmobile

marcre
03-19-2010, 07:21 AM
I too have this problem, and due to what I read here, I got the relay from Mouser for the $5.10 price. But now, unfortunately, we can't get the screws that are holding the box in place loose, so we can't remove the box to replace the relay. We are in the Atlanta area. Is anyone who has replaced the relay in this general area who could help me? I'm female, so this kind of car repair is not in my skill set and I've never soldered a thing in my life. I'm more a computer geek. I would be willing to drive a reasonable distance and meet with someone who could replace my relay for me. I would pay a reasonable amount for labor (hopefully less than the dealership would charge me!). However, my spouse attempted to do the repair but couldn't unscrew the screws. Is there a hint or tip I can provide to him so he could do this? I think he could do it, IF he could get the box removed (though he probably isn't thrilled with the idea of executing this particularly difficult repair . . . . ). So if anyone can help with advice or labor, please let me know (can you send a PM?).

Thanks.

golfmobile

Sorry I can't help, but just offer a little encouragement. I'm not real mechanically inclined myself and I did this repair about four years ago. I can't remember exactly how I did it, but there are instructions somewhere how to do it.

I've never soldered before either and when I did it, I was careful. It didn't look pretty when I was done, but it worked. Keep at it because this will save you money. Maybe someone on here has some photos or some instructions if you haven't found them.

golfmobile
03-19-2010, 08:52 AM
marcre,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'll keep my hopes up that we can get this done. I saw most of the pictures already here (and on another forum). If we can just get those bleeping screws loose . . . . .

golf

marcre
03-19-2010, 12:35 PM
marcre,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'll keep my hopes up that we can get this done. I saw most of the pictures already here (and on another forum). If we can just get those bleeping screws loose . . . . .

golf

That's good. I remember the toughest part was getting the box out. I honestly can't even remember how it was attached though. Like I said, I did it over 4 years ago. Keep at it. When I decided to tackle this by myself I had never done anything like this before. The extent of my ability was an oil change. When I finished it, I was shocked at how well everything went and how easy it was for me. Maybe I got lucky, not sure. But it worked out well. Soldering it(especially the removal of the old part) is tough and tedious. Took me forever to remove the old one, but it eventually popped off. See if you can get in there with some light to get a good look at it.

Let us know how it goes.

wil147
06-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Folks,

I have the issue on my 2001 isuzu rodeo. I called Mouser to order the relay part No. 817-FTR-P1CN012N and a Customer Services Rep told that this part has been discontinued. Does anyone know where I can buy this relay? I appreciate your help.

Ricks69l78
07-07-2010, 07:04 PM
My daughter has a 99 rodeo and same deal with front wiper motor/control no intermittent and not going back down when turned off so i seen this forum and then I went to a local junk yard where you pic your own parts and they had same year 99 rodeo so i took the alarm box and put in my daughters hoping it didnt have same problem and it works perfect so the reprogramming crap from the dealer is a scam to get money and now if that one goes bad I have the rest of the others from the one I took out to fix so thanks everyone.

graypossum
09-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I have a 2001 Rodeo and the rear wipers just stopped working. Anyone knows which relay on that board is for that wiper or how to pinpoint it? Thanks

niceguy_1920
03-26-2011, 12:40 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!! You guys are great. i have to admit that i was very skeptical at first but the thought of saving some $100 convinced me. I'm from Belize and let me tell you its not easy to get electronic spare parts here, shipped in from the US or finding them in a salvage yard, and if your lucky enough to find what your looking for then you have to be prepared to spend and arm and a leg for it. i went the route of trying to find an old rodeo and getting the part off of it, I was exceptionally fortunate to find a crashed rodeo that still had it's ACM intact the funny thing is that the owner of the vehicle didn't even know what i was looking for so he allowed me to hunt for it and when i found it he placed a price tag on for just $20.00BZ $10.00US..........Basically he didn't know what the ACM was and how important it is. I took it home with me and broke out the old soldering equipment and went to work on removing the solder from the connections, i must say that it took more than i expected for them to come off, but to make a long story short my rear wiper works like brand new now.

If anyone is thinking of taking on a project like this themselves let me be the one to say that it is 100% possible and you don't even need to have any knowledge of mechanics.

stvnrt
09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
I had the problem with intermittent not working, and I replaced the relay on the module behind the glove box with Mouser relay 551-EQ1-22111S as discussed by many of you. On installation, the wipers work on intermittent, slow, and fast. However the wiper blades are now parking in the vertical position. Any ideas?

B.Kahuna
12-06-2012, 03:41 PM
01 Rodeo LS, My 1st post, hope I'm doing this right.

Gotta say thanks to all the contributors to this forum. I had the intermittent wiper go out on my 01 Rodeo, subsequently would not pass state inspection because the wiper would stop at whatever position when I turned them off.
Simple problem right... just turn them off at the bottom of the cycle. However the state inspection dudes said they obstructed my vision. Duh

So like many "shade tree mechanics" I started throwing parts at the problem. First a salvaged wiper motor to no avail. Then I contemplated ordering the entire new wiper control stalk . Only the relative high cost of $175 prevented me from making that error.

Finally, a light bulb went off and I discovered this great resource. This thread lead me to the culprit, the RY6 relay in the alarm control unit. I reluctantly learned basic soldering via u-tube etc and completed the relay desoldering a two sided IC board and threw in a replacement relay from Mouser Electronics. And presto....

After 6 wks outta commission, I drove my resurrected Rodeo to the inspection station this morning and it passed!!! The wiper work perfectly in all modes. Thanks you guys, if I could do this repair anyone can.

Oh, one more issue, since the alarm unit was out of the car so long, I've forgotten how the two other "Boxes" reattach. I ended up with three extra fastners... I tucked the larger and small black boxes back in place and they are not rattling .... so far. But does any one have a picture or diagram of how this puzzle goes back together so that I can do it right? thanks BK

If anyone needs a relay, LMK I have one left I'd be glad to give to someone.

Treehouseman
02-15-2013, 09:00 PM
01 Rodeo LS, My 1st post, hope I'm doing this right.

Gotta say thanks to all the contributors to this forum. I had the intermittent wiper go out on my 01 Rodeo, subsequently would not pass state inspection because the wiper would stop at whatever position when I turned them off.
Simple problem right... just turn them off at the bottom of the cycle. However the state inspection dudes said they obstructed my vision. Duh

So like many "shade tree mechanics" I started throwing parts at the problem. First a salvaged wiper motor to no avail. Then I contemplated ordering the entire new wiper control stalk . Only the relative high cost of $175 prevented me from making that error.

Finally, a light bulb went off and I discovered this great resource. This thread lead me to the culprit, the RY6 relay in the alarm control unit. I reluctantly learned basic soldering via u-tube etc and completed the relay desoldering a two sided IC board and threw in a replacement relay from Mouser Electronics. And presto....

After 6 wks outta commission, I drove my resurrected Rodeo to the inspection station this morning and it passed!!! The wiper work perfectly in all modes. Thanks you guys, if I could do this repair anyone can.

Oh, one more issue, since the alarm unit was out of the car so long, I've forgotten how the two other "Boxes" reattach. I ended up with three extra fastners... I tucked the larger and small black boxes back in place and they are not rattling .... so far. But does any one have a picture or diagram of how this puzzle goes back together so that I can do it right? thanks BK

If anyone needs a relay, LMK I have one left I'd be glad to give to someone.

Where did you get your relays from? I have a 2001 Honda Passport, just had the engine replaced and the only remaining issue is the wipers. Since you are using the same board and you successfully fixed yours, I'm wanting to take the best shot I can at doing the same, I don't want to make it worse like some people have and need to spend even more money, especially since all the relays need to be replaced, none of the relays actually work properly right now.

myworkhorse99
07-06-2013, 03:21 PM
I just pulled the alarm circuit board. It's a battle to get a small access. Is there a better way to access the board?

myworkhorse99
07-06-2013, 04:02 PM
I need help in getting easy access on alarm circuit board on a 99 Rodeo so I can fix the relay. I already pulled it but almost lost a finger. Please help.

amigo-2k
07-07-2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.walkerdowney.com/ryanendres//isuzu/#faq60

Add your comment to this topic!