Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

auto-tranny leak ?

uncheels
05-05-2004, 01:16 AM
I actually have a '91 stanza, but there little to no traffic in that section so I thought maybe I could get help from you guys. I've got a auto-tranny leak that happened all of a sudden, no warning. I've found the exact spot where the leak is but I'm not sure what is involved in the fix. I have a Chilton manual, but it doesn't tell me what the part is. It is a round cylinder shape facing the radiator right in between where the cooling lines come out the bottom and a pan that is at the top. 1st - what the heck is that, and 2nd does it come out some how?

sarsourus
05-05-2004, 03:40 AM
before u put heavy costs on it, buy the lucas tranny oil leak stopper, ITS CALLED " LUCAS ". that solved my problems for good...it costs about 5 bucks and you should useonly one - one and a half bottles

uncheels
05-05-2004, 10:46 AM
This leak is probably too bad for those types of fixes. It's kinda like a seal blew, but I'll be damed if I can figure out where the seal would even be.

**Click on gallery to see a picture of the part I'm talking about.

sarsourus
05-05-2004, 12:35 PM
check with the mechanic, if he tells u its gonna cost you, try the lucas oil first, if that didn't work, then its a serious leak

uncheels
05-07-2004, 08:11 PM
OK, I think I know what the part is. It's a second gear servo. Any body got any info on how to get this thing out?

Add your comment to this topic!