AM2 30A Fuse Blows in 1994 Camry

ponce
05-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Could someone please help me. I have a 1994 Toyota Camry and each time I turn on the ignition the AM2 30A fuse blows. The fuse is located in junction block #2. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me in any way by giving me suggestions or informing me as to how to fix it. Thanks.
Ponce

Joe W
05-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Pretty sure that wire goes between the ignition switch and the alternator.Trace out the wire and look for a short.

Brian R.
05-05-2004, 11:02 PM
The AM2 fuse connects to the ignition switch and then to the alternator from connection IG2 on the ignition switch through a B-O wire to the charge warning light. Then through a Y wire to to the L connection on the alternator.

The fault has to lie between the ignition switch and the alternator since the fuse doesn't blow until the ignition is switched on.

There may be a secondary circuit leading from the B-O wire through a W-R wire to the +B contact of the I2 Igniter.

Tercel GTS
05-07-2004, 01:28 AM
look inside the distributor for a burnt condensor, very common problem.

Bmaintz
06-19-2004, 07:57 PM
I have the same problem with my 92 Camry... I also have the OEM Electrical Wiring Diagram manual...
My Camry had a shorted Capacitor that goes INSIDE of the distributor & mounts with a small screw from the outside....
This 30 amp AM2 fuse feeds the following....
To the Ign. switch, then to the 7.5 amp ign. fuse, junction here & to the 12 volt side of all the fuel injectors, also feed the Ignitor on fender skirt, also the N2 Noise filter on the fender skirt, & last the (+) posistive side of the Ign. Coil inside of the distributor....
On the neg. side of the distributor is the Capacitor with a short brown mount wire... THIS is the PROBLEM... hope this helps.. Bob...
PS ... where can you purchase this Capacitor?_____

Add your comment to this topic!