Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Finally bought fogs! Now more questions...

HARDTIMER
05-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey guys! Finally bought my fogs and they look nice. Now, are they supposed to stay on all the time? I asked a couple weeks ago about my knob and the fact that it goes about an inch inside the hole when you push it (foglight button). Anyway, the fogs stay on with the headlights no biggie, just want to know if this is how it goes. Also, I didnt get the silverstars cuz I wanted to see if the fogs even worked with the button problem so I bought the cheapie 893's. NOW, I want silverstars but of course I need them for fogs and headlamps. How in the world do I get to the headlights????? Do I remove that metal piece that goes around the lights or what??? I have pretty big hands and it seems impossible to get to. Thanx in advance guys!!!

RobertHammen
05-04-2004, 11:25 PM
The fogs will stay on with the low-beams - turning the high beams on will disable them. Is there a little green indicator bulb on your fog lamp switch? Does it light up?

--Robert

HARDTIMER
05-05-2004, 12:25 AM
yes it lights up but it was lit when they were burnt out. Do you have silverstars for your fogs Robert? What about the headlights? (dumb question)

RoraStar96
05-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Its normal for the button indicator in the car to light up even tho the fogs are burnt out, a quick push and it shuts off, but the fogs will run with the headlamps.

To change the bulbs for the headlamps, the turn indicators are dead easy, the highs are tougher to get to. The lows on the passenger side is easy enough granted you angle your arm correctly to get in there and turn the housing.

The driver side..eesh, you gotta removed the airbox to get to the low beam bulb housing. I have Silverstars lows...

Heres a pic...ignore me..lol...but you can see the headlamps quite well.

http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/v91/wallacej/May_3rd_023.jpg

Its the best shot I have of the lighting package >.<

HARDTIMER
05-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Nice!!!!! Looks pretty bright!

RoraStar96
05-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Its more impressive in person ;)

Did you get that low beam changed up yet?

HARDTIMER
05-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Nah, not yet may do it this weekend. will keep ya posted, thanks jim

Add your comment to this topic!