Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Service Stability message?

gipper2nd
05-04-2004, 02:29 PM
About once a month whenever I go through a deep dip in the road or out of a steep driveway, the "service stabilty" message comes on in my '03 Denali; (it has the self leveling suspension). When I shut off the engine the message goes away until the next time I go out of a sharp steep driveway, etc. Any ideas?

GMCTech
05-04-2004, 05:53 PM
You'll have to get the code that is setting it.

I'm guessing that you have a whell level sensor going out of range, if that's the case it may be able to be recalibrated or it may need replacing.
Either way, it should be covered under warranty.

Hope this helps.

GMMerlin
05-07-2004, 11:47 AM
About once a month whenever I go through a deep dip in the road or out of a steep driveway, the "service stabilty" message comes on in my '03 Denali; (it has the self leveling suspension). When I shut off the engine the message goes away until the next time I go out of a sharp steep driveway, etc. Any ideas?

There is a calibration update in the works for this concern.
The parameters at too sensitive

the blur
05-08-2004, 09:35 PM
mine does the same thing. the only thing the dealer says is
"can not duplicate problem"
my dealership is like a bunch of monkeys in a zoo!

sprague
05-10-2004, 04:04 PM
My '03 Denali was doing the same thing just after I purchased it. On my service invoice from October of '03 it says they replaced the YAW Sensor and reset the memory.
I havent had a problem since then.

zutoo
06-23-2004, 12:36 AM
My '03 Denali was doing the same thing... After 4 trips to the dealership they replaced the YAW Sensor and updated the software.

the blur
07-19-2004, 08:49 PM
IS there a TSB on this issue?
my 2003 still does it, and the dealer has no clue.

thanks!!

Add your comment to this topic!