Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

If you had to have 10 cars in your garage...

Demon_Mustang
05-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey, this is just for fun, so please keep the arguing over what is better than what to a minimum. This is all up to everyone's personal preference. But here's a hypothetical situation where you can dream of what you could own.

Pretend there was some requirement that you had to own exactly 10 cars. No more, and no less. You're filthy rich, so money isn't an issue, insurance isn't an issue. And no matter where you live, having a car shipped over to you is completely possible. Here's the thing though, don't just list the 10 fastest cars, if we all did that, we'll all have the same list. Pretend you'll have to stick with these 10 cars for the rest of your life. Also, one of them must be a family car that you or your spouse can drive to bring your kids to school on a daily basis, and I suggest having another not-so-exotic car as an everyday driver as well, I mean, I don't think you really want to bring an Aston Martin DB9 to the grocery store everyday, do you?

I'll start off:
1. family car: 2004 Volvo S60R (It's a nice safe car, but it's not too shabby in the speed department either)
2. 2004 (or 2005, haven't seen it yet, so can't say until I see it)Ford F-150 SVT Lightning
3. 2005 Ford GT
4. 1969 Ford Mustang Mach1
5. 1992 Ford Mustang GT (this will be my project car to supe up :) )
6. (any year) Saleen S7
7. 2005 Aston Martin DB9
8. 2004 Ford F-250 Extended Cab (I'm gonna raise this sucker and have this as my fun mud-boggin truck! :iceslolan )
9. 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe (for the wife :p )
10. 2004 Jaguar SKR (was gonna name the old XJ220, but it's a very very dated automobile. Although it's still uber fast...)

V8slayer
05-04-2004, 02:01 AM
That's a really difficult question to answer. The key being having to keep them forever.

How can you judge cars you've never driven? Therefore are you asking just out of the cars we've experienced?

I mean I can't drive a Ferrari 360 Modena because the pedals are too close together. I hate the Boxter because I have long legs and the inside curvature means my right leg (Australia, right hand drive) is pointing inward all the time. My wife won't sit in an M3 because of the ride and the seat position.

I'm not being difficult. I understand what you're trying to ask. But I'm just saying the above mentioned cars are nice and may be on people's lists but I would not want to live with them.

A perfect example is I'd put down a BMW 760Li as my family car but I won't do that until I've had a while to see if I can live with the iDrive which seemed maddening for the 30 minute test drive.

crayzayjay
05-04-2004, 03:21 AM
Nice idea for a thread, but someone's beaten you to it in the cars we love / cars we hate (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=558) forum. This type of thread never dies so i'd rather leave it active in the other forum as it's lower traffic than this one.

Add your comment to this topic!