Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AEM Bypass valve installing...

HontegraGSI
05-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Hello i just bought a cai and i'm worried about installing a bypass valve! i'm trying to get instructions over the internet, and they're(AEM) saying they gave out instructions that were a mistake, so i need help in how to cut/ place the valve in. any suggestions?? is there any professional i can just take it to to get it done? please help me someone!

HontegraGSI
05-05-2004, 01:53 PM
anyone at ALL installed one in their cai??? is it even worth putting it on?

DeleriousZ
05-05-2004, 04:37 PM
with a hacksaw.... measure the width of the bypass valve.. then take a bit less off on each side, mark it, then make your cuts.. i've never done it before but it shouldn't be too hard.. should be able to just slip the bypass valve on to one of the cut sides then slip the other side in.... make sure to clean off the edges of the cut pipe with a bit of sandpaper or something, so there's no rough edges or bits of metal that will get sucked into the engine..

it really depends where you live.. if it's rainy a lot and snows in the winter, then you might want to think about it.. i've heard stories of people hydrolocking their engines.. and i've heard people say that it's really hard to hydrolock the engine.. i dunno, it's up to you i guess

Add your comment to this topic!