Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vibrating Drivers Side Mirror

Spinman
05-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Last winter, I had a deer bounce off the drivers door of my car. The impact of the hit occured mainly on the rear view mirror assembly on the drivers door. The glass mirror was drastically misaligned and pushed against the housing. The electric motor was unable to reposition the mirror because it was pinned against the housing. I was able to manually push the mirror back into place (popped it free where it was pinned).

The mirror now moves 10% through its travel range w/o any problems. Everything seems fine except - there is a constant, very slight vibration in the mirror while the vehicle is in motion. When I push on the glass with a finger - there is a very small amount of play.

Is there an easy way to get inside the mirror to see if a mounting bracket is loose or broken? 20 years ago, I was able to remove the glass assembly by pushing the mirror from side to side and inserting a screw driver into the opening. This no longer seems like an option with the Aurora.

I'm hoping that I have a loose screw (no pun intended) and can easily retighten it w/o too much work.

Thansk -

Add your comment to this topic!